News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Epcot_Imagineer

... the Gondolas were accepted to have an issue with backstage views (hence the wraps on a lot of them).
Interesting, I must have missed this on this multi-thousand page Gondola thread: the reasoning for wraps was, at least partially, to block unflattering backstage views? I had figured they were see through or something.
Now not all of them are wrapped, so I assume that they scrapped the hiding bad views aspect of the gondolas?

Mat Cauthon

Interesting, I must have missed this on this multi-thousand page Gondola thread: the reasoning for wraps was, at least partially, to block unflattering backstage views? I had figured they were see through or something.
Now not all of them are wrapped, so I assume that they scrapped the hiding bad views aspect of the gondolas?
I had the same thought. I don't think I would like riding in a gondola car that I couldn't see out of. I want the nice view from that height.
//cue all comments about furnaces don't come with a view and it's so you don't see the lightening when it strikes you in 3...2...

JUFL2019

I had the same thought. I don't think I would like riding in a gondola car that I couldn't see out of. I want the nice view from that height.
//cue all comments about furnaces don't come with a view and it's so you don't see the lightening when it strikes you in 3...2...
Oh it's moved on from lightning and cooking to hail raining down daily and denting/smashing them all.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Oh it's moved on from lightning and cooking to hail raining down daily and denting/smashing them all.
Well, it's unlikely hail will even dent these gondolas, since they're clad in the same polycarbonate shell used in football helmets to help keep the players safe.

Kman101

Summer seems to be their new target for opening things (Galaxy's Edge, TSL). It used to be Memorial Day ... lol. I'm assuming it will be open for Food and Wine time ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The Gondola Thread is spreading again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom