News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Skibum1970

So, just over a year away for this to open. While I would have preferred some other countries to get rides (ex. Italy or Germany boat rides), I am still happy that this is coming. The ride looks like a lot of fun. I just hope that they continue adding more but I doubt it.

Especially when it will cost $700 Bijillion dollars.

lazyboy97o

I have a vague memory of Spirit asking no one in particular about a bundle of money that wisped away during the Shanghai construction... wonder if he could sort any of this argument out...
That was nothing more than the nonsense he descended into of insinuating wild stories without ever saying anything. The $800 million, which was not all Disney money, was to get the project back on its already delayed timeline. Like so many things, it was spun as “adding” to the opening day roster. It wasn’t some huge corruption scandal personally involving Bob Iger as insinuated.

Last edited:

Kamikaze

But they definitely make it into the media... social media, news media, etc...

Inflated “investments” spread around by “influencers” are helpful for businesses trying to get your attention. Believe it or don’t.

Please post an occurrence of an inflated number being mentioned and being picked up by something that wasn't a Disney focused site. And not some rando Twitter pleb.

I'll wait.

Kamikaze

Nah, just WoL would’ve been fine. It really wouldn’t be a bad fit either if they used the center of that pavilion to show off new tech from other big companies like how we saw in Iron Man 2’s Stark Expo but obviously smaller. Then of course use or demolish the old Body Wars area for a new ride and Cranium Command for a new show.

But of course this can’t be done. Oh well.

Turning Innoventions into the Stark Expo would be what I would envision. I'm sure that was blue sky somewhere.

ToTBellHop

Lensman

On the subject of spiraling costs, I'm sure the actual costs are going up for the reasons listed here in the thread previously, but I also wanted to suggest the possibility that in many cases, we may be talking about different definitions of cost. For example, for GotG, the all-in project cost may be a total cost of ownership figure, rather than simply construction cost. And it may be the case that previously, Disney didn't count the internal cost of salaried imagineers as part of the project cost, since it wouldn't result in "additional" expense - they'd still be paid, they'd just be working on other projects.

Then there's the question of how to account for cast training, new costuming, ride maintenance, etc. Since GotG is an Intamin coaster, they might have purchased a long-term maintenance contract and be including that (think of it like buying Apple Care for your coaster).

I remember there was a project at the company I worked at that started having enormous budget overruns when accounting told the project managers to include the cost of executives attending steering committee meetings. It immediately caused 100% budget overruns because the execs attending one meeting a month cost more than the rest of the project combined! Lol

ToTBellHop

LOL. I know it’s euros. The point is (and always was) lots of huge numbers floating around. The only way we ever truly find out what these attractions truly cost is when financial docs disclose or executives disclose.
Then why are you still participating here? If you don’t believe the info here, don’t read it. This is why I don’t read the National Enquirer.

nor'easter

You do realize that IF you are receiving accurate financial information that the person(s) providing such to you are doing more than breaking the rules? I believe they are breaking the law....

What law would that be, Sherlock? It might be an internal breach, and therefore a reason to lose one's job, but unless you are manipulating the public market releasing accurate info is not a crime.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I was going to go do something productive today... I’ll wait... lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom