News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

build_it

The hoi polloi whom everyone seems to hate on these boards are likewise interested in Disney's product--just not in the way that people here may be. Geeky fandom doesn't necessarily translate into dollars, so from a business perspective, Disney is wise not to focus its energies on appeasing a relatively small group of die-hard EPCOT devotees.

IMO the two things do not have to be mutually exclusive. I would venture to guess, it would be possible to undertake changes that appeal to both the fandom and the general public. Capitalize on both groups versus one or the other.

LittleBuford

IMO the two things do not have to be mutually exclusive. I would venture to guess, it would be possible to undertake changes that appeal to both the fandom and the general public. Capitalize on both groups versus one or the other.

I agree. And I'm one of the fans who feels that Disney is generally doing that. But I realise it's a matter of opinion, and many here evidently feel betrayed by what's happening.

raymusiccity

They’ll fix that.

MickeyMinnieMom

But are they ACTUALLY only getting one group or the other? How many have permanently abandoned WDW because their Epcot dreams have not been fulfilled? Probably very few. Have some dialed down the number of trips to WDW? Probably some like Martin, but with many more to replace them. Attendance doesn't lie.

From a business perspective, I think the only thing they've potentially really done wrong is not build enough capacity fast enough -- especially with SWGE on the horizon. That could have deleterious effects wrt repeats if the SWGE experience is negative due to lacking capacity. But in terms of WHAT they're choosing to build (i.e. not true to E.P.C.O.T.), I don't think they're suffering from capitalizing only on one group vs. both of the ones you mentioned. Just because some REALLY don't like it doesn't mean it's wrong, of course.

disneygeek90

Of the 4 festivals, Food and Wine is 4th. IMO the best Festival is The Festival of the Arts, followed by Flower and Garden, then the Holidays. But I still go to all 4 every year.
Agreed wholeheartedly. The sheer volume of people during F&W alone make it less enjoyable. Lots of people forget that there’s similar events outside of Aug-Nov, apparently. Not to mention that the weather is overall way nicer for Festival of the Arts/Holidays.

ToTBellHop

Agreed wholeheartedly. The sheer volume of people during F&W alone make it less enjoyable. Lots of people forget that there’s similar events outside of Aug-Nov, apparently. Not to mention that the weather is overall way nicer for Festival of the Arts/Holidays.
I wish they’d expand Festival of the Arts. It’s the most authentic one. They could push off F&G to late March.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Could the patch of trees between Morocco and the current France pavilion ever be used for expansion? Perhaps either a small country with no attraction or a ride for Morocco?

It's about the size of the Sommerhus in the front half of the pad between Norway and Mexico. So, something could go there, but unlikely a full national pavilion. Maybe a stage or park or carousel.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wish they’d expand Festival of the Arts. It’s the most authentic one. They could push off F&G to late March.

Indeed, Arts hews more closely to the original Epcot mission than the other festivals. It's been getting better each year, too. And it's expanding each year, but, IMO, should expand more so, especially since the first two weeks of F&G are weak because not everything is in full bloom yet.

po1998

...IMO, should expand more so, especially since the first two weeks of F&G are weak because not everything is in full bloom yet.
...or a better idea...Epcot goes Festival-less for a few more weeks of the year. Every mid-sized level cities across the US, has Art Festivals, Taste of <fill in the city>, Flower Shows, Beerfests, Soupfests, Winefests, Home & Garden Shows, etc...

I don't need my fill of Festival Festivities at WDW.

lazyboy97o

The hoi polloi whom everyone seems to hate on these boards are likewise interested in Disney's product--just not in the way that people here may be. Geeky fandom doesn't necessarily translate into dollars, so from a business perspective, Disney is wise not to focus its energies on appeasing a relatively small group of die-hard EPCOT devotees.
Disneyland, Walt Disney World and EPCOT Center aren’t cultural icons because people disliked what Disney did.

lazyboy97o

Disneyland, Walt Disney World and EPCOT Center aren’t cultural icons because people disliked what Disney did.

LittleBuford

And most people don't dislike what Disney is doing now. I've said it before, but it bears repeating: the snobbery here is a minority viewpoint. That doesn't make it an unimportant viewpoint, but people need to be realistic about how representative their opinions are (or aren't).

Notes from Neverland

And most people don't dislike what Disney is doing now. I've said it before, but it bears repeating: the snobbery here is a minority viewpoint. That doesn't make it an unimportant viewpoint, but people need to be realistic about how representative their opinions are (or aren't).

This is very accurate. And, as much as there's a vocal minority here, there's an equal (if not bigger) group that can't comprehend or even understand why anyone wants to go to Disney World. They view it as childish and stupid. Two people have said as much to me this week not knowing that I love our trips to Disney World. Awkward.

It's easy to overlook or even forget about the other views from within a silo of passionate Disney fans.

jt04

Kettle meet pot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom