News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Perhaps 1 or two will even become Tier 2! Purely a guess, but I think Tier 1 will settle at Test Track, Guardians, and Rat. Tough choice between the first 2. Capacity is identical to Paris’ ride. Opening is a little over a year away for Rat. Some are deeply concerned that there is nothing significant to market going into Summer 2019 unlike the last several years. They’ll be able to market Rat next summer (and some new entertainment) and, if we are honest, guests who get in line for Galaxy’ Edge in December will likely get into the land in June, so it’ll still be “new” throughout 2020. If Slinky Dog Dash is “NOW OPEN!” after 8 months, SWL will be “NEW!” until 2025.
I go very often, at least once per year and usually twice, and I haven't been to Slinky yet. So I expect it'll be brand new for most Summer 2019 guests.

The Empress Lilly

The few billion dollars they’re spending on the park over the next six years is a hint :)
And maybe, just maybe, if they had listened to us actual fans of the park instead of constantly trying to rebuild EPCOT into something it is not in a bid to make it appeal to non-fans, they now wouldn't have to rebuild EPCOT once again.

Just giving money-waving fans what they want, it is surprisingly a good business model.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And maybe, just maybe, if they had listened to us actual fans of the park instead of constantly trying to rebuild EPCOT into something it is not in a bid to make it appeal to non-fans, they now wouldn't have to rebuild EPCOT once again.

Just giving money-waving fans what they want, it is surprisingly a good business model.
Whilst the money being spent isn’t to be sniffed at, I don’t agree with how most of it is being spent. But that’s just me. What can I do.

The Empress Lilly

Whilst the money being spent isn’t to be sniffed at, I don’t agree with how most of it is being spent.
Neither do I.

At the risk of repeating my point, you and I both have an EPCOT picture for an avatar. Yet EPCOT's billions are going to be spend to appeal not to us, but to members here who don't have an EPCOT avatar, but selfies or character pictures. Something's off about that.

lazyboy97o

Neither do I.

At the risk of repeating my point, you and I both have an EPCOT picture for an avatar. Yet EPCOT's billions are going to be spend to appeal not to us, but to members here who don't have an EPCOT avatar, but selfies or character pictures. Something's off about that.
The problem is Disney leadership’s views that theme parks are stupid entertainment for stupid people. In no other business would it be consider “obvious” to not appeal to those actually interested in your product.

LittleBuford

The problem is Disney leadership’s views that theme parks are stupid entertainment for stupid people. In no other business would it be consider “obvious” to not appeal to those actually interested in your product.

The hoi polloi whom everyone seems to hate on these boards are likewise interested in Disney's product--just not in the way that people here may be. Geeky fandom doesn't necessarily translate into dollars, so from a business perspective, Disney is wise not to focus its energies on appeasing a relatively small group of die-hard EPCOT devotees.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom