News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

DisneyDodo

@marni1971 , are there any plans to adjust the placement of the mini Eiffel Tower? If so, where will it go?
I think the best option would be to add something to the back of the building it's standing on to obstruct the tower from people in the RAT queue, while keeping the view unchanged for guests walking around WS. It would still be visible from the Skyliner, but it's impossible to account for every angle when people are "flying."

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think the best option would be to add something to the back of the building it's standing on to obstruct the tower from people in the RAT queue, while keeping the view unchanged for guests walking around WS. It would still be visible from the Skyliner, but it's impossible to account for every angle when people are "flying."

Like... an even bigger Eiffel Tower!

jt04

Since they are remaking HoND, they could also add the towers of the cathedral to the "horizon". Either on the new building or the way they are adding forced perspective to SW:GE.

Looks to me like the Eiffel tower is OK where it is. Maybe just needs a slight move though I don't know how much engineering that would take.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Or add coverings to the Rat Courtyard area. Perhaps?

aladdin2007

I have always loved the view walking from the UK and seeing the tower right there through the trees and then over the bridge to France. It would be terrible if they removed it. Does it need to move it at all? It still looks fine where it is even with the gondolas/ratatouille being built, so far anyway.

ToTBellHop

I have always loved the view walking from the UK and seeing the tower right there through the trees and then over the bridge to France. It would be terrible if they removed it. Does it need to move it at all? It still looks fine where it is even with the gondolas/ratatouille being built, so far anyway.
It will look ridiculous from Rat and the gondolas if nothing is done. The former is the more reasonable concern since the gondolas will provide numerous unsavory views like all elevated modes of transit.

yensidtlaw1969

It will look ridiculous from Rat and the gondolas if nothing is done. The former is the more reasonable concern since the gondolas will provide numerous unsavory views like all elevated modes of transit.
It seems a testament to the commitment of old that the Monorail provides so few of these - by and large its sightlines are pretty well protected.

If the view of the Eiffel Tower from Ratatouille is masked by some sort of arcade covering as Martin has suggested may be the case, I can live with that - my main concern is that they find a way to do what is done so beautifully from the front of the pavilion and suggest that the bottom of the Tower really is there, just hidden behind something in the foreground. As it stands presently the Skyliner is not going to be protected from the truth of the matter. I'd like to think there's a way to put something up that masks this fact, but it might indeed be easier at that point to move or rebuild the tower elsewhere.

Removing the Tower without replacement would be an absolute crime and should not even be considered.

Incomudro

While I don't see how the placement of the tower on the roof in France can be hidden from sight as viewed from the gondola's - we do need to rememember those gondola's are coming in much lower than we tend to think.
Those images that show the construction at the back of rat and show the gateway for instance.
Those are airiels.
The gondolas are going to be hanging under the cables.
A far lower vantage point.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
While I don't see how the placement of the tower on the roof in France can be hidden from sight as viewed from the gondola's - we do need to rememember those gondola's are coming in much lower than we tend to think.
Those images that show the construction at the back of rat and show the gateway for instance.
Those are airiels.
The gondolas are going to be hanging under the cables.
A far lower vantage point.
Gondolas are going to see backstage Epcot and some pretty poor sightlines. That was an accepted problem of the route.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom