News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

DLRP NEWS

To answer all you question about WDS in Paris (i'm french !) :
- Crush Coaster with better theming and capacity would be a great E-Ticket ! As some people already said it's only real problem is its capacity
- Yes no entertainment going on right now ... Since 2016, Mickey and the Magician had break only during Winter. This year they had to stop it earlier to make place for Mickey's Christmas Big Band. And CInemanique isn't coming back. They announced its return but apparently they change their mind. Something will replace it but we don't know what ...
- Ratatouille is a great ride. I think its only problem are the poorly integrated screens

WDS is in a transition period. Before 2016 Cinémagique and Animagique were going on 365 days/per year. But in 2016 Mickey and the Magician replaced Animagique and the new show doesn't take place all year round. And in 2017 they also closed Cinemagique to make place for Marvel. The Marvel show was quite a failure ... They already announced that that they will improve it when it returns in 2019. They announced today that Captain Marvel join the line-up of the show.

Marc Davis Fan

I was just thinking (and my apologies if I missed this earlier in the discussion), it would be cool if the new "Parisian street" in the back of the France pavilion opened (at least partially) before the ride's opening date. Is there any indication that it will be finished first and opened for guests to walk around, or will the whole area (ride and street) open at the same time?

lazyboy97o

I was just thinking (and my apologies if I missed this earlier in the discussion), it would be cool if the new "Parisian street" in the back of the France pavilion opened (at least partially) before the ride's opening date. Is there any indication that it will be finished first and opened for guests to walk around, or will the whole area (ride and street) open at the same time?
What would be the point? There won’t be any spaces to enter, just new and updated facades to look at and a new bathroom.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
All open at once. For all intents and purposes the new area is all one attraction.

britain

Has it been confirmed if the little alley that would lead to the IDF post show shop will be or won’t be accessible from the new area? One way or the other, do we know?

Timothy_Q

It was never going to be anything else.
Hey Marni, do you know it the side of the current pavilion, facing IG, will be redone?
Or will the current facade remain?
It looks much less detailed and interesting than the rest of the pavilion, now that people will be actually walking in front of it

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Slight tangent, do you happen to know why IDF was a 180 instead of a 360 film? I'm ever so grateful for the opportunity to sit down rather than stand and lean. You'd think the IDF format would be copied more.
It was originally planned as a CV360. I can only assume budget came into play. Interestingly the camera rig used was a modified CV one with five cameras fitted.
Hey Marni, do you know it the side of the current pavilion, facing IG, will be redone?
Or will the current facade remain?
It looks much less detailed and interesting than the rest of the pavilion, now that people will be actually walking in front of it
I believe there are plans for a more detailed elevation.

EPCOTCenterLover

It was originally planned as a CV360. I can only assume budget came into play. Interestingly the camera rig used was a modified CV one with five cameras fitted.

I believe there are plans for a more detailed elevation.
Any date on when you think the revised IDF will be completed? It's my favorite of all the Epcot films!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
They'd have to put somebody back there to watch the people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom