News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Kman101

It has lines. Long ones in the summer (partly due to choosing the single and not duel load version). It’s a fun D. Think part Seas with Nemos clamshell ride and part Space Mountain. With bubbles. And spins. But I’d like to think they could do better.

I've only seen a video, so not really trying to have a 'hard' opinion on it, but that was my take. It looks really fun but they could do better. Again, having not ridden it in person, it's felt a bit overrated by guests. But it seems to have a lot going for it. Capacity sounds like a problem though. I can't imagine a clone unless the go for a double. What's the future like for Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom? ;) Just kidding ... (and I know; not the same lol)

fradz

I only saw a video but the Marvel show wasn't the worst in the world. I've seen worse. LOL. But they should have just done what they do with the SW characters at DHS, parade them onto a stage and call it a day; that's really all it was with a 'loose plot'. Extremely lackluster. Was it always meant to be temporary? I have a feeling that would be "no". Seems like a lot of wasted money.
They did that for SW, but they wanted a show for Marvel. It's not that the show was bad, it was just a little disappointing and also it faced a lot of technical issues. The first couple of days were crazy in that sense, they were able to finish just ONE show, all the other ones being interrupted.
I've only seen a video, so not really trying to have a 'hard' opinion on it, but that was my take. It looks really fun but they could do better. Again, having not ridden it in person, it's felt a bit overrated by guests. But it seems to have a lot going for it. Capacity sounds like a problem though. I can't imagine a clone unless the go for a double. What's the future like for Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom? ;) Just kidding ...
While not the most amazing ride ever, it really is a fun one and I'm really disappointed if I don't get to ride it when I hit the parks.

Kman101

They did that for SW, but they wanted a show for Marvel. It's not that the show was bad, it was just a little disappointing and also it faced a lot of technical issues. The first couple of days were crazy in that sense, they were able to finish just ONE show, all the other ones being interrupted .

Wow. I did read they were having a lot of technical problems. Kind of a shame. A real stunt show with a true plot would have been better. Why wouldn't they overlay the Moteurs stunt show with Marvel instead (just sort of wondering outloud)?

Princess Leia

I only saw a video but the Marvel show wasn't the worst in the world. I've seen worse. LOL. But they should have just done what they do with the SW characters at DHS, parade them onto a stage and call it a day; that's really all it was with a 'loose plot'. Extremely lackluster. Was it always meant to be temporary? I have a feeling that would be "no". Seems like a lot of wasted money.
For what’s currently a popular and successful franchise for TDO, Marvel deserved better than that. I think they tried to add too many characters into a plot that was half baked

Kman101

For what’s currently a popular and successful franchise for TDO, Marvel deserved better than that. I think they tried to add too many characters into a plot that was half baked

It definitely deserved better. Lackluster remains a good word to describe it. It clearly had a low budget and lots of technical problems.

fradz

Wow. I did read they were having a lot of technical problems. Kind of a shame. A real stunt show with a true plot would have been better. Why wouldn't they overlay the Moteurs stunt show with Marvel instead (just sort of wondering outloud)?
Keep an eye open during Backlot transformation (either phase 1 or 2, unknown as of now).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Crush is fun and feels like an "E" Ticket, only because there is so little in the park and so little greatness in the park the time it was built.

I agree. Crush is fun but the lines (we waited 45-50 for it last month, when nothing else was more than a 15-20 minute wait, including Rat) are atrocious for it. Rat will have similar lines at Epcot once it opens, for better or worse.

cjkeating

Was it always meant to be temporary? I have a feeling that would be "no". Seems like a lot of wasted money.

I never saw any suggestion it was going to last beyond the Marvel season, it was without a doubt a very expensive show to put on so I didn't foresee it being extended into the autumn/winter.

When the show returns for 'Marvel Spring' next year I would be surprised if it wasn't extended to cover the summer season however.

Missing20K

Is Crush Coaster a walk on? Is it worth cloning at WDW?

I agree. Crush is fun but the lines (we waited 45-50 for it last month, when nothing else was more than a 15-20 minute wait, including Rat) are atrocious for it. Rat will have similar lines at Epcot once it opens, for better or worse.

Agreed on the lines. Was there on a fairly blustery October day when most everything else was walk-on. We waited 20-25 for it. But thought it was quite fun and came away pleasantly surprised as I'd read some lackluster reviews.

cheezbat

Agreed on the lines. Was there on a fairly blustery October day when most everything else was walk-on. We waited 20-25 for it. But thought it was quite fun and came away pleasantly surprised as I'd read some lackluster reviews.
I got to ride it a few times while I was over there and each ride was different. Love the spinning aspect and being able to ride forwards or backwards. I laughed my head off on the ride. WDW would definitely have a hit on their hands if they cloned this ride, but like everyone else says, it would definitely need to have two tracks to handle the massive crowds it would gather.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Crush is fun and feels like an "E" Ticket, only because there is so little in the park and so little greatness in the park the time it was built.
I love Crush's coaster and think it, or something similar with whatever theme Disney is in the mood for, would be a great addition at any of the Florida parks. It's only problem is capacity, which can of course be dealt with by having two tracks if need be.

ToTBellHop

Correct, from 1st of December until 3rd of February
Long enough for Bob to acquire a new IP to ram down our throats.

Pippin: Fool of a Took LIVE confirmed for February.
th

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom