News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Timothy_Q

I did forget that the added the stone, medieval looking building as the entrance itself. But either side of it are modern buildings that in no way rsemble the same architecture that inspired Frozen.
"I hate that modern building for Frozen, it doesn't fit Norway!"

"I mean, that medieval building that fits too much with Norway and doesn't look like Frozen"

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
"I hate that modern building for Frozen, it doesn't fit Norway!"

"I mean, that medieval building that fits too much with Norway and doesn't look like Frozen"
No, I hate that the medieval Norse castle style facade is plopped in between two modern looking buildings. Then you enter and it's an entirely different village that doesn't blend with either the pavilion or the facade.

No part of it feels congruent or fully thought out.

If that stone building of the entrance was expanded to take up more of the Pavilion, it wouldn't look so tacked on. Or if the inside of the queue looked like the inside of the building you entered. Or even if the transition between entering the queue and the village section of the queue was well done enough that you couldn't see out the door you came in (where it is day time in modern day Norway) while you're in the village (nighttime in medieval fantasy Norway).

Its a good ride. And i actually believe it could've been a good fit for the world showcase. It doesn't blend with the rest of the pavilion. It just doesn't.

Timothy_Q

No, I hate that the medieval Norse castle style facade is plopped in between two modern looking buildings. Then you enter and it's an entirely different village that doesn't blend with either the pavilion or the facade.

If that stone building of the entrance was expanded to take up more of the Pavilion, it wouldn't look so tacked on. Or if the inside of the queue looked like the inside of the building you entered. Or even if the transition between entering the queue and the village section of the queue was well done enough that you couldn't see out the door you came in (where it is day time in modern day Norway) while you're in the village (nighttime in medieval fantasy Norway).

Its a good ride. And i actually believe it could've been a good fit for the world showcase. It doesn't blend with the rest of the pavilion. It just doesn't.
Well, like you said it yourself in your first post about this:

The Norway Pavilion, like most World Showcase Pavilions, was built to be in modern day. Set up as a mix of different architecture styles blended together to for a more or less modern snapshot of Norway as a whole.

aladdin2007

They undid everything Imagineering had done so perfectly, frozen or not there was no reason to mangle up the front facade into a mishmash. Nor do I like how the waterfall was closed in, again undoing what Imagineering had originally designed so beautifully and uniquely well. They didnt even bother to add in any design features to the closed in rocks waterfall, could have done something more there. The imagineers of today are very much inept sometimes I hate to say, to put it nicely. I am cringing about the new bakery, its either going to be wonderful with a norwegian theme or look horrible and bland. crossing fingers.

geekza

It's gonna have to be the Epcot International Bud Light®, Snickers®, and Cheez Whiz® Festival.
I mean, if they wanted to have authentic 'Murican food... For authenticity's sake, however, you'll be seated in a dining room made to look like a Walmart parking lot at dusk, surrounded by wait staff wearing pajama bottoms and bootleg Mickey Mouse t-shirts.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Well, like you said it yourself in your first post about this:
It's not blended together. They're plopped and shoved together. That's my whole point. The styles of the queue, the facade, and the pavilion are all different and don't blend. The rest of the pavilion (including the Summerhaus), and many other pavilions, blends different architecture styles from different eras together smoothly to create immersive pavilions. This isnt blended in my opinion, it's plopped together. And I don't think it would have been hard to blend it better. Or at least transition into the queue from the outside smoother.

Of course, this all comes down to opinions. What one person may see as clashing colors on a painting others may see as complementary. Apparently my opinion is the one negative opinion about Frozen people on this site disagree with. It's odd being on this side of it because usually if I'm saying anything about Frozen its pretty positive.

But back on topic. Rat's cooking food. Can't wait. Ride looks delightful and a perfect fit for France. Same time period as the rest of the France Pavilion with a facade that looks like it belongs in the pavilion and presumably a queue that does too. All plusses.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
They'll need to find a way to get festival booth food out to guests more quickly. No more spending 3 minutes making a single (very good) liquid nitrogen nutella dessert. It's gonna have to be the Epcot International Bud Light®, Snickers®, and Cheez Whiz® Festival.
As long as the Snickers® is deep fried, I'm OK with that.
I'm sure you'll enjoy The Land, Presented by Publix. Heard they are redoing the boats to make them into Publix Subs.
People who have never had one won't get that reference...

HiYa Pal

This is really random, and may have already been asked, the back of the existing France Pavilion was already partially themed, I'm assuming there used to be sight line to it, but from where?

Ismael Flores

It's not blended together. They're plopped and shoved together. That's my whole point. The styles of the queue, the facade, and the pavilion are all different and don't blend. The rest of the pavilion (including the Summerhaus), and many other pavilions, blends different architecture styles from different eras together smoothly to create immersive pavilions. This isnt blended in my opinion, it's plopped together. And I don't think it would have been hard to blend it better. Or at least transition into the queue from the outside smoother.

not familiar with the facade that you are talking about so dont have an opinion. from what i am reading on your post though it sounds like something that would pretty much be in sync to what Norway would look like.

not sure if you have been to Norway but most of the architecture, not all has a particular look to it.

with that said Norway has also been going thru lots of changes and it is not out of the ordinary to see old nordic styles right next to modern buildings or even buildings that have an eclectic style of architectures together. add to that the bright paint colors and the dark roofs of black and deep reds.
it is quite an amazing country.

I personally think the countries in world showcase should be represented with present day and old day influences and maybe that is what WDI tried to accomplish with this remodel during the addition of the ride

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

not familiar with the facade that you are talking about so dont have an opinion. from what i am teading on your post though it sounds like something that would be pretty much in sync to what Norway would look like.

not sure if you have been to Norway but most of the architecture not all has a particular look to it. with that said Norway has also been going thru lots of changes and it is notnout if the ordinary to see old nordic styles right next to modern buildings or even buildings that have an eclectic style of architectures together. add to that the bright paint colors and the dark roofs of black and deep reds.
it is quite an amazing country.

I personally think the countries in world showcase should be represented with present day and old day influences and maybe that is what WDI tried to accomplish with this remodel during the addition of the ride
Completely agree! I've been to Norway a few times (one of my favourite countries), and the new version visually reads a lot more like a recognisable picture of Norway to me than the old facade.

I think people also might not realise that this sort of tall narrow building that serves as the entrance to the ride is actually pretty common in many parts of Northern Europe. Where I am in the Netherlands it's really the characteristic architectural style which might be why it doesn't look strange to me at all, but it's also fairly common on Norway, Denmark, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom