News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A new South Florida Water Management district permit was filed that shows the details of this project...

upload_2017-11-19_8-38-38.png

RSoxNo1

Can someone orient me with what we're looking at here? Is everything pictured a new build on the plot between France and Morocco. I'm not placing any existing France landmarks on these plans but I'm also dumb.

Where is the attraction entrance in relation to the existing France Pavilion?

GCTales

I think you got it pretty close, and they seem to be fitting the kioks around the existing "stupid trees", but the perspective of that concept art is a little funky. Going by the blueprint the new Rat show-building will connect with an alley way that's already in place between the "Impressions de France" building and a storage/office/lounge type of building on the back corner of the existing pavilion, which I drew over in red here. The only loss seems to be the Bistro/Pastries shop "Les Halles Boulangeries-Pastisserie". I also put a white circle where the new fountain is in the concept art. It all looks pretty nice, I just wish it were the "Beauty and the Beast" show-building instead, but "C'est la vie"
View attachment 215801

Can someone orient me with what we're looking at here? Is everything pictured a new build on the plot between France and Morocco. I'm not placing any existing France landmarks on these plans but I'm also dumb.

This should help

lazyboy97o

It’s the back side of the existing pavilion with the showbuilding between the two pavilions.

RSoxNo1

I think you got it pretty close, and they seem to be fitting the kioks around the existing "stupid trees", but the perspective of that concept art is a little funky. Going by the blueprint the new Rat show-building will connect with an alley way that's already in place between the "Impressions de France" building and a storage/office/lounge type of building on the back corner of the existing pavilion, which I drew over in red here. The only loss seems to be the Bistro/Pastries shop "Les Halles Boulangeries-Pastisserie". I also put a white circle where the new fountain is in the concept art. It all looks pretty nice, I just wish it were the "Beauty and the Beast" show-building instead, but "C'est la vie"
View attachment 215801

My placement of the Rat ride is based on and has been commented on and adjusted by our insiders in the know. It fits in the fire lanes of the permits. You can have a fairly good confidence of its position, give a few meters here or there.

View attachment 215817
OK, that's all well and good, but the orientation of the concept art is still confusing.
RatatouilleAttraction2.jpg

The back of that concept art is the attraction facade (I didn't notice before, but it does say Kitchen Calamity on it). Is that attraction facade going where the shops currently reside (Plume Et Palette, La Signature)?

Then looking at the permit, I don't know what the small peninsula thing is. Basically where is this image in relation to the rest of the pavilion.
RatatouillePermits1.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
OK, that's all well and good, but the orientation of the concept art is still confusing. View attachment 245384
The back of that concept art is the attraction facade (I didn't notice before, but it does say Kitchen Calamity on it). Is that attraction facade going where the shops currently reside (Plume Et Palette, La Signature)?

Then looking at the permit, I don't know what the small peninsula thing is. Basically where is this image in relation to the rest of the pavilion.
View attachment 245385

New mock-ups coming up shortly...

lazyboy97o

OK, that's all well and good, but the orientation of the concept art is still confusing. View attachment 245384

View attachment 245385
In the art, the building on your left is the back side of the theater. The little building in the foreground is the left most square hatched area in the plan. Nothing in the existing pavilion is being removed or replaced. The rendering is looking from the upper left corner towards the lower right. The big empty sort of area (what you may be referring to as the peninsula, is the existing pavilion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom