News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

crxbrett

So happy it seems like IOF will remain and the pavilion will get a nice upgrade. This is a nice blend of what the pavilions probably should be. Mostly educational and allows guests to experience the actual country's culture, but also having a fun experience for everyone to enjoy that still embraces or at least takes place in that same country. I still wish Norway had left Maelstrom and simply just added a Frozen show or meet n greet.

I will say the countries in WS that don't have actual attractions are still amazing and can be quite fun. Browsing the shops and exploring around, trying food and grabbing a drink and just listening to the area music is fun for me.

STITCHGEFAN

Think the key to successfully integrating a ride into a pavilion is not making it stand out. Mexico is the best example of this and the ride, while being fun, actually adds so much to the building.

It's why Frozen doesn't quite work for me in Norway compared to the other pavilions, it's a bit too much in your face where Maelstrom blended in. The size of the queues doesn't help in truth.

If they can ensure Ratatouille doesn't take over the pavilion, it will be a fantastic addition.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Think the key to successfully integrating a ride into a pavilion is not making it stand out. Mexico is the best example of this and the ride, while being fun, actually adds so much to the building.

It's why Frozen doesn't quite work for me in Norway compared to the other pavilions, it's a bit too much in your face where Maelstrom blended in. The size of the queues doesn't help in truth.

If they can ensure Ratatouille doesn't take over the pavilion, it will be a fantastic addition.

The way it's being built, it won't since it will be built entirely outside the existing pavilion.

brb1006

To be honest, I don't see them making large changes, other than the change from French dialogue to English.

While I don't experience it, there was one member of my party to who gets somewhat motion sick. The motion was gentler than a similar ride like Transformers or Spiderman. She was fine, but I'd say it's in the middle of the scale, but leaning a little closer to Star Tours than Soarin'.
I wonder if they might rerecord some of the French lines or reanimate the characters speaking?

yensidtlaw1969

My placement of the Rat ride is based on and has been commented on and adjusted by our insiders in the know. It fits in the fire lanes of the permits. You can have a fairly good confidence of its position, give a few meters here or there.

View attachment 215817
This would seem to solve or at least mitigate the problem of the backstage of France being seen from the Gondolas. Nice.

Thebolt

Ratatouilles 3 year delivery is with a view to marketing. WDW will be best served if Disney can keep a pipeline of new attractions going, something significant new each year to go in the brochures...
2019 has Star Wars... 2020 will need Ratatouille, GotG (and a few other new things) to keep the momentum going.

Last edited:

Chef Mickey

There's literally no research or development or creative "imagineering" necessary. It's just a matter of cloning and assembling the pieces.

Houses are constructed by small companies in a matter of weeks, there's no reason this small ride consisting mostly of SCREENS has to take years to assemble by one of the biggest corporations in the world.

It's lazy and a slap in the face. We've already been waiting decades for something new to this section of the park so the least they could do is get things up in a hurry if it's just a carbon copy of an already existing ride. It'd ease the pain of not announcing the Brazilian pavilion as well.
I know you're upset, but come on dude...by Fall?

Are we actually sure this is a clone? It said in the announcement it will be based on the one in Paris, which I hope means less reliance on screens.

Chef Mickey

Disney being quick:
12dfaa2ffe0d2e0cced4008eb22f4340.gif

Meanwhile at Universal...
giphy.gif
Why does everyone act like Universal is some model of perfection and the leader? They are a distant second and even with the somewhat disappointing D23, Disney has absolutely widened the gap and will be an even clearer leader in 2021 when all this is done.

Imagine what Disney has done from an attendance perspective, particularly at WDW, with literally almost no projects since the Iger era began. Attendance numbers are massive and don't start talking about growth rates, because those are easy with a smaller denominator.

Universal has built some decent attractions and made up some ground, but Disney is now serious about investing at WDW and will show their dominance even clearer in the coming years. Disney content, characters, and overall feel is just so much better.

Disney > Universal, and it really isn't close.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Based on the concept art I have some questions:
  • Will we access this area from the far right side the current pavilion in the small courtyard to the right of the perfume shop near International Gateway?
  • The Eiffel Tower looks like it may be moved every so slightly, what will that be like?
  • Will the new quick service bakery and deli be completely changed to open out toward the new attraction or even serve as a walkthrough area from the old pavilion to the new part?
  • If most of the show building is in the back part of the expansion pad between France & Morocco (with it also possibly backup up into the Morocco pavilion), does that still leave room in between France & Morocco on the promenade for future expansion (something the size of the African Outpost)?
Yes, no, no, yes.

clemmo

Whats with the strange train station building with the tunnel? Also looking at sign closely it says kitchen calamity which imo is a great name for this.

Attachments

• Ratatouille_Full_30572.jpg
    Ratatouille_Full_30572.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 212

KrazyKat

Really excited for the new things coming and the upgrades to Epcot, my personal favorite park. I did like how Chapek of Fitzgerald both said this was just the beginning of many many more things to come. Hopefully that includes Imagination, Innoventions and some new countries. Maybe those things will be announced at Destination D or the next big media whooha thing WDW does every year.

MCast

Two questions:

1. Are we to assume that IDF will be safe since this does not cross into the theater?

2. Is Ratatouille going to be a clone or a slightly modified/enhanced version of the original?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom