News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

jaxonp

Even Universals latest projects have been mediocre at best. I typically don't care about speed so long as I get quality.

Yea, outside of Potter, Universal has really really lacked. I think Nintendo will change that notion but come on.. the last few things have been sorta lame and just more of the same but really not all that great set by their own standards.

SirLink

It was 2021. This is a hustle.

I was hoping 24 month build or 18 month depending on if they wanted to do a 'Universal/Transformers'

Considering they stated that this was the start of the Epcot 'revamp' to be completed by 2021 I'm assuming the only new attractions in the plan is the one in FW and this in WS. Unless that was meaningless PR speak that has been recorded.

Jeremy P

I was hoping 24 month build or 18 month depending on if they wanted to do a 'Universal/Transformers'

Considering they stated that this was the start of the Epcot 'revamp' to be completed by 2021 I'm assuming the only new attractions in the plan is the one in FW and this in WS. Unless that was meaningless PR speak that has been recorded.

I would assume you are correct. I think the majority of the other work we'll see completed by 2021 will be refurb work and the work done on the area between Spaceship Earth and World Showcase Lagoon. I'm not sure what exactly they intended that "concept art" to be but it was definitely hard to identify and to me, looked like the demolition of Innoventions East and West is inevitable.

SirLink

I would assume you are correct. I think the majority of the other work we'll see completed by 2021 will be refurb work and the work done on the area between Spaceship Earth and World Showcase Lagoon. I'm not sure what exactly they intended that "concept art" to be but it was definitely hard to identify and to me, looked like the demolition of Innoventions East and West is inevitable.

Which is sad in a way because Epcot each park needs around 30 rides/shows/spectaculars and to make some booking things working correctly.

Sir_Cliff

Yes, but I'm not talking about themed walls, I'm talking about having something else to do back there besides the entrance of the ride
Yeah, I must say that it seems a very long walkway just to and from a ride. I'm surprised that it doesn't look like they're at least trying to create a connection through to the main courtyard of the pavilion.

RMichael21

Personally, I'm excited for this. I've been on the ride in Paris and it's a fantastic family ride that is also exciting enough to entertain the older crowd. Plus, there isn't a height restriction, so that will help balance out the GOTG coaster. While it is screen heavy, it's not that big of a deal for me because there isn't a huge screen presence at Epcot at the moment and will add variety to the attraction lineup.

And, this will be the first E-Ticket Epcot has gotten in a very long time.

Jeremy P

Personally, I'm excited for this. I've been on the ride in Paris and it's a fantastic family ride that is also exciting enough to entertain the older crowd. Plus, there isn't a height restriction, so that will help balance out the GOTG coaster. While it is screen heavy, it's not that big of a deal for me because there isn't a huge screen presence at Epcot at the moment and will add variety to the attraction lineup.

While I think the ride looks fantastic, I'm hoping they add some of those "plusses" to the attraction that will make it distinct to WDW. The Paris ride was added in 2014 so surely by 2020 we can get some cool upgrades.

espnboy

How is the ride for people that get motion sick? On a scale from Soarin' to Star Tours...

RMichael21

While I think the ride looks fantastic, I'm hoping they add some of those "plusses" to the attraction that will make it distinct to WDW. The Paris ride was added in 2014 so surely by 2020 we can get some cool upgrades.
To be honest, I don't see them making large changes, other than the change from French dialogue to English.
How is the ride for people that get motion sick? On a scale from Soarin' to Star Tours...
While I don't experience it, there was one member of my party to who gets somewhat motion sick. The motion was gentler than a similar ride like Transformers or Spiderman. She was fine, but I'd say it's in the middle of the scale, but leaning a little closer to Star Tours than Soarin'.

Just4Pics

Exactly. This is LONG overdue, hence the timeline of this attraction being even more offensive.

Construction contracts could have been secured during all that time. The only thing that needs to be "public" is the actual construction, which could be done in a couple months considering it's a clone of a small ride consisting mostly of television screens.

You have been a member only one day and you've already posted 68 negative comments?

Have nothing else going on today do we?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom