News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Jeremy P

This is the one positive about Chapek believe it or not, he wants things done faster than what they use to be and not take almost a decade after being announced, like pandora.

Well that and honestly, I don't think they can afford to take a decade on projects anymore. Universal is being too aggressive for Disney to take their time. I know 2020 seems like a long time but for building an attraction from the ground up, it's a relatively short period of time considering how well themed it will be. This isn't a "studio" building like universal is known for throwing up.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
2020? Wow 3 years weren't they actively looking for new build projects they could build quickly? Cause this isn't quick.
What Disney project hasn't taken 3 years to build? It's pretty much standard now. Anything they want open for the 50th pretty much has to break ground this year or early 2018.

DisneyDrew

That concept art has got to be too good to be true. The expansion of the back area looks roughly the size of the pavilion itself. God I hope it looks like that! Beautiful!

I was expecting it to simply be a small, repurposed facade, ala Frozen Ever After, but good lord that looks extensive!
Thankfully these days concept art is even more accurate than ever so it's gonna be pretty close to that. :)

mm121

The backside of the pavilion matches up to the concept art pretty well, so I would assume that Impressions is safe, or at least the showbuilding is. New ride in the expansion plot between France and Morocco. View attachment 215712

was this expansion plot always destined for an attraction, or is this taking away the possibility of a new country, like frozen did since they built it on a pad that could have/should have been a new country

danlb_2000

Premium Member
was this expansion plot always destined for an attraction, or is this taking away the possibility of a new country, like frozen did since they built it on a pad that could have/should have been a new country

I don't believe any of the pads had a designated purpose in recent years. They could either become attractions or a new country.

peter11435

The show building will be going on the expansion plot that would have been another country.

Frozen the ride went into the existing maelstrom building entirely within norways plot. Only the meet and greet which is expendable went in to the adjacent plot.

mm121

Can you hear that?
It's walt doing 360's in his grave

so true, but we all knew this was going to happen once the cash started rolling in from frozen

kinda an odd choice of IP though since ratatouille is an older ip with no prospects for a new movie

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My placement of the Rat ride is based on and has been commented on and adjusted by our insiders in the know. It fits in the fire lanes of the permits. You can have a fairly good confidence of its position, give a few meters here or there.

upload_2017-7-16_12-55-25.png

jaxonp

I'm more interested to know what else will be in the new expanded area of the France. I could imagine they will have another patisserie or something on that side as well as perhaps some type of small outdoor cafe??? There is a lot of space back there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom