News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Not rejecting that at all. I'm questioning the thought process that Disney "over hypes" new rides or additions. Not even saying they don't, I'm saying I haven't seen it. The one example given was a promo where they said - new land is open - wow!

FLE: "Largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history!" That was plastered everywhere for months prior to opening. And it opened with Mermaid only, 7DMT didn't open with the land.

GE: Opened with MF only, Rise was still months away, and there was a large marketing push for that (despite Iger's unbridled hubris around it). The land is solid visually, but is woefully inadequate in other areas.

Anyway, back to the original topic - Rat never truly needed VQs. Having ridden both now (Epcot version in November), my opinion hasn't changed - It's a solid D-ticket.

mikejs78

Premium Member
FLE: "Largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history!" That was plastered everywhere for months prior to opening. And it opened with Mermaid only, 7DMT didn't open with the land.

GE: Opened with MF only, Rise was still months away, and there was a large marketing push for that (despite Iger's unbridled hubris around it). The land is solid visually, but is woefully inadequate in other areas.

Anyway, back to the original topic - Rat never truly needed VQs. Having ridden both now (Epcot version in November), my opinion hasn't changed - It's a solid D-ticket.
I mean, MGM opened with only two rides in the whole park....

TikibirdLand

I mean, MGM opened with only two rides in the whole park....
MGM was never about rides, it was about experiences. You had the behind the movies walking tour. IIRC, it took four hours to complete if you did it all. There were movie characters and cars in the entrance area. Of course, the GMR welcomed guests into the movie experience too. You could watch actual animators at work in the Animation Courtyard (IIRC, they were drawing BatB at the time). Theater of the Stars had a show going too. It was my favorite park and my family's second-favorite only behind MK.

Epcot82Guy

I remember something about that now. Wasn't it supposed to be built between The Land and Imagination back in the day?

To be totally historically accurate, it was just a blue sky concept. It was never green lit or fully developed, so that spot was just an idea. The idea for Studios came more from Universal Studios. But, the concept certainly was a precursor to GMR.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
To be totally historically accurate, it was just a blue sky concept. It was never green lit or fully developed, so that spot was just an idea. The idea for Studios came more from Universal Studios. But, the concept certainly was a precursor to GMR.

Right, there was a movie ride concept proposed for FW at some point in the 80's, which ultimately became GMR. IIRC. Didn't want to imply it was planned for FW or anything. :)

Epcot82Guy

Right, there was a movie ride concept proposed for FW at some point in the 80's, which ultimately became GMR. IIRC. Didn't want to imply it was planned for FW or anything. :)

Oh totally. There was a long-standing belief that the pavilion was actually fully developed and then became the GMR and the inspiration for the whole of DHS. That's not historically accurate. But, the idea of a Movies/Movie Production attraction for Epcot in future world was certainly in the ether.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom