News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

DonaldDoleWhip

It's really hard for me to understand how a kids ride about a cooking rat that replaced a parking lot has y'all so mad and angry.
At the same time, it seems many here are praising the ride largely because:

(1) it's an addition, not a replacement
(2) it's family-friendly
(3) it's a better IP fit than Frozen
(4) they got to ride 3 times during previews

There's a wide room for interpretation with Ratatouille, and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. It's cute. It fits France well enough.

It's not a mega-headliner that should have warranted $85 previews (D23), 6-hour waits via VQ, or an upcharge to ride, but because WDW is so starved of new content, it's getting that treatment. Fair enough. In any case, my favorite attraction in that corner of the park remains Impressions de France.

brb1006

At the same time, it seems many here are praising the ride largely because:

(1) it's an addition, not a replacement
(2) it's family-friendly
(3) it's a better IP fit than Frozen
(4) they got to ride 3 times during previews

There's a wide room for interpretation with Ratatouille, and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. It's cute. It fits France well enough.

It's not a mega-headliner that should have warranted $85 previews (D23), 6-hour waits via VQ, or an upcharge to ride, but because WDW is so starved of new content, it's getting that treatment. Fair enough. In any case, my favorite attraction in that corner of the park remains Impressions de France.
Did they get ride of awful Beauty and the Beast Sing-A-Long show focusing on Lefou or is it seasonal for now?

DonaldDoleWhip

Did they get ride of awful Beauty and the Beast Sing-A-Long show focusing on Lefou or is it seasonal for now?
When I was there last weekend, BatB was still running most of the day. Sadly.

Seemed like Impressions was running for 2 or 2.5 hours - I was very happy to catch the last full showing before Harmonious.

RoysCabin

My only question on this ride, which I'm sure was answered earlier but I can't remember for the life of me, is whether it filled in one of the World Showcase expansion pads.

If so, I admit that's disappointing; I realize there's little likelihood of new countries being added any time soon, but I hate the idea of that possibility being closed off in that area.

If not, then my only complaint is the general "not thrilled at IP in EPCOT" one. In its favor, it feels more like a D-ticket, which is something World Showcase can use more of, it does have an IP that's not completely out of place, and yeah, it's not replacing a beloved attraction or anything like that. I'm not excited by it, not really in any hurry to ride it, but I'm sure it's cute, and that's fine.

But man, what I'd give to see new countries in those expansion pads...

nickys

Premium Member
My only question on this ride, which I'm sure was answered earlier but I can't remember for the life of me, is whether it filled in one of the World Showcase expansion pads.

If so, I admit that's disappointing; I realize there's little likelihood of new countries being added any time soon, but I hate the idea of that possibility being closed off in that area.

If not, then my only complaint is the general "not thrilled at IP in EPCOT" one. In its favor, it feels more like a D-ticket, which is something World Showcase can use more of, it does have an IP that's not completely out of place, and yeah, it's not replacing a beloved attraction or anything like that. I'm not excited by it, not really in any hurry to ride it, but I'm sure it's cute, and that's fine.

But man, what I'd give to see new countries in those expansion pads...
It used half an expansion pad.

Thee would be room for a small pavilion in front, or an expansion of either Morocco or France.

MickeyLuv'r

What is BTB?

If you don't like it, don't go on it. Many people disagree with you. It's a cute movie. That's the good thing about Disney... you don't have to like everything because there's thousands of other people who do :)
It is a cute movie, but it has also occurred to me that rats + restaurants = bad combination. Real rats are nasty critters. In a real restaurant, rats = a health code violation. It is a little odd to locate this attraction in one of WDW's prime dining areas.

Not enough to stop me from riding, but it might impact my appetite.

James Alucobond

It used half an expansion pad.

Thee would be room for a small pavilion in front, or an expansion of either Morocco or France.
A halfsies Spain pavilion would be awesome and could potentially link the architecture of its two neighbors since you have Moorish influences in the south with structures like the Alhambra while there are major French influences in central Spain, as in the Versailles-lite La Granja.

aladdin2007

It pretty much took the expansion pad. They can only do so much in the front of it because of backstage access behind it. Id rather see a fully built Spain pavilion but will never happen. Nor will a small something or other in the front of rats pad, beyond what its used for now as festival booths. Years and years down the road maybe but highly doubt they plan on anything for there, sadly. would be nice of course.

Casper Gutman

I think a more fair comparison would be Ratatouille vs Transformers.
I liked Rat, but I think Transformers wins that, too - the motion base makes a big difference.

I’ve prattled on about the screen comparison, but one thought that occurred to me recently - look at the room WDW has to expand their existing parks. Look at the room Uni has. Screens seem a lot more understandable for a park as hemmed in as Unis as compared to one with WDWs gift of space, but both are building screen rides at about the same pace.

lazyboy97o

I liked Rat, but I think Transformers wins that, too - the motion base makes a big difference.

I’ve prattled on about the screen comparison, but one thought that occurred to me recently - look at the room WDW has to expand their existing parks. Look at the room Uni has. Screens seem a lot more understandable for a park as hemmed in as Unis as compared to one with WDWs gift of space, but both are building screen rides at about the same pace.
Universal now measures the amount of screen based attractions at their parks when considering additions because of screen fatigue. They’re really not ones to talk.

Touchdown

The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man continues to be a top ten theme park attraction over 20 years later. It might have screens but the real flame from the pumpkin bombs and the practical effects and props that make you feel like you are really flying above NYC continue to impress.

It still amazes me to this day how cheap the Transformers ride feels after riding it’s older brother.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom