News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Don't leave Iger and the BoD (and possibly the various parks Presidents) out of your wish. This ball of nickel/diming/price gauging/cut perks has been rolling for a bit.

Oh, not at all. I do not discriminate with my anger towards Disney CEO’s named “Bob”. $lappie just happens to be at the front of the line right now, and he really hit “turbo boost” on the pricing BS. The Weatherman has earned plenty of ire, for many reasons.

CJR

Oh, not at all. I do not discriminate with my anger towards Disney CEO’s named “Bob”. $lappie just happens to be at the front of the line right now, and he really hit “turbo boost” on the pricing BS. The Weatherman has earned plenty of ire, for many reasons.

Absolutely. Given that he came from the parks, he no doubt has a much more hands on role in that division over the others at the time being. Not to mention, we knew long before Josh D'Amaro got promoted that they were wanting a paid FP. Iger was CEO back then too and definitely did nothing to stop it. I'd say that he enabled it, as the matter of fact.

I do think Josh might have a played a big role in the Lightning Lane rebranding and the discontinuation of free Fastpass+, but most of what we're seeing was coming long before then. Had the pandemic never happened, I do think the name "Fastpass" would still be here, especially given that they put it on the signs of the newest attractions. Lighting Lane, as a name, was definitely conceived pretty recently (think last year and a half).

matt9112

Would you expect them to be blasé and say, "Here is a copycat ride from Paris and it's okay. Ride it if you like." They hyped up the princess meet and greets as an awesome addition, after all. Plus, given how they ignored the parks, it kind of is a big deal if they open a new ride.

Imho would be best to not hype anything....as in you just build it an open it. Pull something from universal. The massive marketing machine they seem to use for everything only sets expectations...too high.

J4546

lol disney isnt just gonna build something and open it without hyping it up. I get that some people get way too high of expectations but right now if disney builds anything from e-ticket to c-ticket they are gonna hype it up, as is the internet in general. Theres just so many people who love disney nowadays the demand for anything is huge and the population only gets higher and higher.

Overall RAT is a great addition to Epcot and it seems to be getting high praise for what it is from everyone riding it.

Also I hope the announce SSE redo after 50th, I really wanna see that ride get a massive update

castlecake2.0

I got my preview today. It’s such a change seeing it from the ground rather than Skyliner. The area is beautiful, and the ride was really well done, much more thrilling than I thought it would be. Had lunch in the crêperie and it was delicious. The dining room was modern compared to the front of the pavilion but it fits the area I feel. Great addition to world showcase. If they could do this to Japan and/or Germany with similar additions I’d be very happy.

TriSeb

Same tactics as Rise, same great advice, same outcome! +1
5A4ADFF1-14B3-4C1D-AA74-463122165B3A.png

Gillyanne

This is very good news!

Yes, we'll see what happens with LL, but this is good news for my Niece. We did the preview, but tried to explain to her, it may not be as easy to ride it next time we/she goes. but if BG are still available later in the day, she may have a chance

Bxmamipr712

I think they missed out with BTB. I know since they have Be Our Guest, that they thought it might not be as popular or able to compete. I would've rode it over and over regardless. That is my favorite Disney movie ever made. I think a lot of people feel that way. I have a phobia of rats, and think the premise for Ratatouille is absolutely disgusting. It literally gives me anxiety. I would not ride that ride if they paid me, let alone wake up early for it. WS definitely needs rides, but not about rats running around kitchens. Then they want you to have an appetite, and pay a hefty price to eat after that. I am looking forward to the creperie though.

RichKermitFan

I think they missed out with BTB. I know since they have Be Our Guest, that they thought it might not be as popular or able to compete. I would've rode it over and over regardless. That is my favorite Disney movie ever made. I think a lot of people feel that way. I have a phobia of rats, and think the premise for Ratatouille is absolutely disgusting. It literally gives me anxiety. I would not ride that ride if they paid me, let alone wake up early for it. WS definitely needs rides, but not about rats running around kitchens. Then they want you to have an appetite, and pay a hefty price to eat after that. I am looking forward to the creperie though.
Lmao

jaxonp

what?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom