• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

RSoxNo1

Penetrated would be a more apt term... ;)

giphy.gif
Safe to assume that I can probably guess what this is from.

es135

I got to visit Paris last week and rode the Ratatouille ride multiple times. I'll echo what others have said about seeing the edges of the screen and bare floors if you're looking for them, but I honestly didn't notice on my first ride through. Overall, I thought the entire ride was very clever and will make a fantastic addition to WS. Best of all, it actually fits within the country they are placing it. It isn't a huge E-Ticket, but it should serve well to disperse crowds and draw people to that part of the park.

Sky

Guessing the grid of foundations are for the columns in the glass observatory-type building? Interesting to see that the actual walking space isn’t that expansive - will make the area feel more urban, which is a good thing.

lazyboy97o

Why not make the modIfications to make the attraction perfect?

You get upgraded Pirates, Peter Pan, Thunder Mountain, Winnie The Pooh at various parks around the world - why not here.
Because leadership spent billions of dollars to avoid building attractions and it didn’t work, so they panicked and looked for things that already existed to drop into Walt Disney World. The result: TRON Light Cycle Power Run and Ratattouille: L’Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy being plopped down into awkward corners.

ToTBellHop

In the Parks
No
Because leadership spent billions of dollars to avoid building attractions and it didn’t work, so they panicked and looked for things that already existed to drop into Walt Disney World. The result: TRON Light Cycle Power Run and Ratattouille: L’Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy being plopped down into awkward corners.
I don't find the placement of either to be terribly awkward. Remy is perfectly reasonable for World Showcase as is TRON (however redundant it might be). It's the new coaster in Future World that's awkwardly placed and oddly the most expensive project of all.

lazyboy97o

They spent a billion dollars to avoid building attractions? Please enlighten newbies ...
My Disney Experience was approved based on two promises: that it would more efficiently utilize existing capacity so that more [attractions] would not have to be built for several years and that it would generate double digit growth in guest spending. As Operations predicted, it did not perform as promised and after decades of not building capacity there were no more ideas on how to defer, so they actually started building.

lazyboy97o

I don't find the placement of either to be terribly awkward. Remy is perfectly reasonable for World Showcase as is TRON (however redundant it might be). It's the new coaster in Future World that's awkwardly placed and oddly the most expensive project of all.
I’m talking about their immediate placement and interaction with their respective lands. They’re not part of a cohesive space, they’re something around back connected by a path. Sausalito’s entrance isn’t located behind the old Energy Pavilion (this might be the first marginally positive thing I’ve said about that project).

seascape

My Disney Experience was approved based on two promises: that it would more efficiently utilize existing capacity so that more [attractions] would not have to be built for several years and that it would generate double digit growth in guest spending. As Operations predicted, it did not perform as promised and after decades of not building capacity there were no more ideas on how to defer, so they actually started building.
The predicted increase in efficiency may not have happened but MDE does better allow WDW to know who is going to which parks each day. It also due to FP+ allows me to better plan my vacation. I no longer spend most of the day in parks waiting on line. I spend about half the day on shows and rides and the other half shopping and eating. We also dpend more time at Disney Springs. Believe me, MDE was money well spent because it included so much more that just FP+. We love it and the magic band sales are extremely profitable. And thanks to the new upgrade options permits hotel guests are buying bands rather than just getting the free ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom