Remy Champagne Brunch Photos (Sept 2018/Fantasy)

Sans Souci

Original Poster
I went to the Remy Champagne Brunch on the Fantasy on Sept. 30, 2018. I thought I'd share some photos. Feel free to share your own if you'd like.

If you've never been to Remy brunch, before you are seated at your table, you are led to a small room where you are given a glass of Champagne and an amuse bouche of some sort of Spanish ham. Then the chef arrives to sperg on French/Italian/Spanish ham, black footed pigs and various porcine diets. He then gives a description of each course on the menu. After that, the sommelier appears, describing the different types of champagne you will enjoy with your brunch, should you choose that option (the champagne after the first glass is a $30 up charge). I tell you this, because you are not seated immediately. (If, like me, you choose not to eat before this meal, you may find yourself getting hangry at this point.) Finally, you're seated at your table where you meet your server who brings you a lovely tray of brioche made with black truffles served with butter and sea salt. I did not get a photo of the bread, sadly.

Here's the menu...
Njzjeq5rQoOSDc33StFZkA.jpg

Glass of Rose Brut
fullsizeoutput_842.jpeg

that was served with this delicious asparagus/caviar/egg dish. You can see the brioche above the plate. ;)
fullsizeoutput_850.jpeg

After that, we were served smoked salmon with a creme citron, roe and a silky potato puree. This course used to be served with halibut a Thai sauce and potato puree. Although the salmon was delicious, I prefer the halibut.
fullsizeoutput_847.jpeg

Then it was time for another glass of champagne. This was called Pommery Pop Gold.
2HG7giwFQ0qjxGWPQjXnIg.jpg

We were served pork belly with pureed peas. This was my least favorite course. I know this is blasphemy, but I am not keen on pork belly. The peas were excellent, though.
h8FHhYMnSY6Mlm5ykfaU8Q.jpg

This was my favorite course. It was very autumnal. It was chicken breast, corn puree and bacon. I believe the brown sauce underneath the chicken is a veal demi glace. See those Brussels sprouts? They're actually spinach rolled with bacon fat to look like Brussels sprouts. 🤯
fullsizeoutput_813.jpeg

Then it was time for the final glass of champagne--Moet & Chandon Ice. This was my least favorite champagne, probably because I dislike dessert wines. I also think ice in champagne is weird, even though I understand it's purpose here.
fullsizeoutput_81b.jpeg

Finally, we were served Rum Baba for desert. Again, this was one of those situations where I have enjoyed previous years' offerings. Last year was Paris-Brest; that was truly amazing. But I enjoyed this as well--just not as much as the Paris-Brest. ;)
zIM6biafTwytEGASYo2Dag.jpg

And that was it! There were also some caneles served with our check. I absolutely adore them. 😍 This meal is what I anticipate the most when I am on a cruise. Luckily, the next day was the Castaway Cay 5K. :p

Sans Souci

Original Poster
Awesome! Thank you for sharing. From your descriptions of the dishes, I don't think I would enjoy this as much as we enjoyed our dinner. I appreciate the report!

I love Remy for dinner, too. This is nice for a chilled out, sea day. I love Palo brunch, too, but I always end up over doing it when I go. The selection is amazing and I want to try it all.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Great memories @Sans Souci!! This year’s savory courses were excellent. :hungry:

I, too, mourn the Paris-Brest dessert. Last year’s “chocolate soup” was good (but not as good), and as you witnessed, I didn’t care for the Baba Rhum at all (wet bread—yechh :hungover:)

Just to capture the “DCL difference”, here’s the dessert the chef insisted on sending out for me when he saw I wasn’t going to eat the Baba.

20B99F7E-B90A-4C11-B9BD-CEB335E9CAA7.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom