Remy Brunch Menu (9/26/19) Now with updated photos!

Sans Souci

Original Poster
So, I had the pleasure to enjoy Brunch at Remy aboard the Dream week and I thought I'd share the menu and photos in case anyone is interested in what's currently on the menu.

Please keep in mind that these are not "fancy-pants" images. I don't do any staging, styling or waiting for the light to hit the champagne flute at the right angle. I basically take photos of these dishes for my husband to entice him onto a cruise, so consider these images "raw," if you will. 😜

I don't have photos of the first course which is a type of Iberico ham. It is not presented at the table. It is presented before you are shown to your table.
But, here is the menu.

EDIT: This post has been updated with better photos taken by @Tiggerish.

5538328F-201C-431E-9E8F-9883B8116F25.jpeg

Here is the asparagus and caviar. This seems to be a mainstay of the menu, since I have had it a few times now. It never disappoints and I look at it as an alternative to a salad. Thanks to Tiggerish, who sent me a photo of the same dish after they added "eggy" sauce (Hollandiase?) before eating.

Pre-eggy sauce
A1D47F0C-5929-407A-A3D1-9DD6AD1CCC1A.jpeg

Post eggy sauce
IMG_8625.JPG

This bread was new. As I mentioned in another thread, they previously served this amazing loaf of brioche flecked with bits of truffle throughout and served warm. It was incredible. This year was a sourdough bread doled out slice by slice. It was a delicious bread, no doubt. But I found it to be a step down in comparison to the truffle brioche. 😤
F32B79C1-0DE5-476A-834B-59E3172090E6.jpeg

This was a new item called Pain de St. Jacques served with Jus de Conquillaces. This was like a steamed custard-like bread made of scallops and then browned in a pan. I know it sounds gross, but it's not. It's absolutely divine. The onions surrounding it provide a crunchy foil to the pain's soft creaminess. I am missing the jus de conquillaces here. However, Tiggerish sent me photos of the same dish with the jus de conquillaces

Pre jus de conquillaces
2F5DBAB8-D9A9-4190-91F9-2ED48F81BC7D.jpeg

Post jus de conquillaces
IMG_8626.JPG

😇OK, the photos start getting sketchy here, as I am three glasses deep into champagne, so kindly bear with me. 🥴 This was wagyu beef that was dusted in coffee. The dusting around it are various types of pepper. The foam is a potato puree and the white crisps are made of potato foam, as well. It wasn't my favorite and I'd say it's just matter of my taste. I am not the biggest meat eater, so I think this was wasted on me. It wasn't bad at all, it just didn't light me up.
C00FD4C8-0DBF-4339-A487-7AD4AB6A3C91.jpeg

This next plate definitely lit me up. Amazing. On the menu, it is called "poulet rouge." But it is a chicken breast pounded flat and rolled up with a mushroom mixture. It is coated in panko and fried. The chicken is served in a mushroom broth, various types of mushrooms and I think it was topped with pea shoots (?). Total umami bomb. You have to really be down mushrooms to appreciate this dish and I understand mushrooms are a polarizing food. But they will accommodate you if this or any other dish is a no-go for you!
DC43E7A1-09F9-4474-A9FE-36702D7200B1.jpeg

The dessert was rum baba. The bread is a brioche and filling is diplomat cream. They served it with a tiny pitcher of rum for pouring over the brioche. It was delicious, but I miss the Paris-Brest they served a few years ago. Hope springs eternal. 🤞

5BE70949-3A45-4EBA-9846-A6D961EB9F13.jpeg

Not pictured are my glasses of Champagne and the canales they bring out with your check. I am fortunate that none of my dining companions like them and I get to eat them with abandon. 😈 I think the Champagne Brunch is a relaxing and enjoyable way to spend the late morning of your sea day and nap it all off afterwards. It's on the top on my must do list on every cruise. 😍

Addendum-I have a photo of the canales, again from Tiggerish. 👍🏻 I ate all of the ones that are missing and I would have eaten more if I was better acquainted with my dining companions. I was on my best behavior. 😇

IMG_8632.JPG

Last edited:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Another Remy brunch lover weighing in!

Totally agree on the Poulet Rouge, it was amazing.

The wagyu beef didn't really do anything for me, either. I found it kind of tasteless, actually. Was expecting so much more after all I've heard about it. The potato puree was very tasty, and while the "potato chips" method was fascinating to hear about, crunch is about all they contributed, not much flavor.

I'm with you on the dessert, too. Would love for them to bring back the Paris Brest. And they really will work with anyone's food issues. I don't care for Baba au Rhum, so they asked if I like chocolate and then brought out this delightful chocolate & cherry concoction for me.
IMG_8631.JPG

Last edited:

RememberWhen

Can you let them know ahead of time about food issues? We’ve got a trip on the Dream next July. One sister is vegan with several food allergies... WDW was great for her and I suspect the regular rotation servers will get to know what she can/can’t have but could we let Remys know ahead of time? The cruise is a celebration for my mothers 70th and we want to do one nice meal just my mom and her kids (no spouses or grandkids).

Sans Souci

Original Poster
Can you let them know ahead of time about food issues? We’ve got a trip on the Dream next July. One sister is vegan with several food allergies... WDW was great for her and I suspect the regular rotation servers will get to know what she can/can’t have but could we let Remys know ahead of time? The cruise is a celebration for my mothers 70th and we want to do one nice meal just my mom and her kids (no spouses or grandkids).

If it's something as simple as being a vegan or GF, they can accommodate you right there. If you have several allergies, I'd call DCL and let them know. Then I might go to Guest Services on the ship and remind them. They always have vegan/vegetarian/GF options on the MDR menus, but for more complex things at upcharge dining, I'd recommend getting on someone's radar before you board.

I hope you and your family love Remy!

Sans Souci

Original Poster
Another Remy brunch lover weighing in!

Totally agree on the Poulet Rouge, it was amazing.

The wagyu beef didn't really do anything for me, either. I found it kind of tasteless, actually. Was expecting so much more after all I've heard about it. The potato puree was very tasty, and while the "potato chips" method was fascinating to hear about, crunch is about all they contributed, not much flavor.

I'm with you on the dessert, too. Would love for them to bring back the Paris Brest. And they really will work with anyone's food issues. I don't care for Baba Rhum, so they asked if I like chocolate and then brought out this delightful chocolate & cherry concoction for me.
View attachment 415958

I was beginning to wonder if I was some sort of Philistine, because I didn't think the wagyu beef was amazing.

We should start a campaign to bring back the Paris-Brest. :hilarious:🇫🇷

RememberWhen

If it's something as simple as being a vegan or GF, they can accommodate you right there. If you have several allergies, I'd call DCL and let them know. Then I might go to Guest Services on the ship and remind them. They always have vegan/vegetarian/GF options on the MDR menus, but for more complex things at upcharge dining, I'd recommend getting on someone's radar before you board.

I hope you and your family love Remy!
I’ll definitely try to contact them before. My sister is vegan, gluten-free and allergic to a number of really common things. Good times. She ate many plates of sautéed veggies at WDW last December. But at least they were freshly prepared, allergen free, and she said they were delicious!

My sisters and I are taking our parents for dinner (hopefully), but brunch is a definite option if dinner doesn’t work out. I’m pretty excited! With two small humans I don’t usually have a lot of opportunities to eat really good food.

Sans Souci

Original Poster
I’ll definitely try to contact them before. My sister is vegan, gluten-free and allergic to a number of really common things. Good times. She ate many plates of sautéed veggies at WDW last December. But at least they were freshly prepared, allergen free, and she said they were delicious!

My sisters and I are taking our parents for dinner (hopefully), but brunch is a definite option if dinner doesn’t work out. I’m pretty excited! With two small humans I don’t usually have a lot of opportunities to eat really good food.

Just a FYI, Remy dinner is a long, drawn-out affair. I'm not saying this is a bad thing at all. If you are looking for a meal to linger over and enjoy each other's company, dinner at Remy is it. Brunch is long, too--just not as long as dinner. I enjoy them both. You will have really good food regardless of which meal you choose. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom