Remy at Epcot Chef de France

pacochran

Original Poster
Not sure this is the right place but if not please move, also did quick search and didn't see it covered. Just read my latest Allearsnet.com newsletter and it was mentioned that it started March 9th and going thru I believe September 5th and Animatronic puppet of Remy was doing shows at Chef de France. A CM apparently rolls out a cart with a large covered plate, and when she takes off the cover Remy is there and does different things. They go around the restaurant and perform different vignettes. I believe the time was from 12 to 6.

Wish we were going down to see that I bet it's really cute.

Ausdaddy

This has been discussed somewhere, but a reminder doesn't hurt. He's a small animatronic on a cart that is wheeled around the room. There' s a video of it from DLP floating around somewhere.

Edit: Here you go.

MKCP 1985

On Thursday of last week, I was at Epcot and stopped by at Chefs de France and asked the seating hostess whether it was true that Remy is making appearances in the restaurant. She confirmed it. I asked her if there was any particular time and she said the timing of his appearances was sort of random, with no set schedule.

I was there after 6 pm and she did say it had been earlier and that he wasn't expected to be back that night.

ToTBellHop

Hope I get to see him in June! Such a cool idea. Glad they made him life-size (for a rat) and that he doesn't talk. As far as character additions to Epcot, I think this one is a classy and very impressive idea--not shoved down anyone's throats, just a little added magic.

Ausdaddy

Hope I get to see him in June! Such a cool idea. Glad they made him life-size (for a rat) and that he doesn't talk. As far as character additions to Epcot, I think this one is a classy and very impressive idea--not shoved down anyone's throats, just a little added magic.

I'm bummed that he'll be gone before I go back. 6 months isn't very long of a stay.

EpcotServo

That's pretty cool!

I understand why he can't talk, but I'm such a fan of Patton Oswalt I'd love to see it voiced by him.
:lol:

Craig & Lisa

Wish he wasn't only in the resturant, I really have no wish to go to that one, really not my taste. But that is a very good animatronic, my son asked why we can't understand him or why he doesn't talk, and I said that in the movie humans couldn't understand him either, ..............hey that made sense to him. :animwink:

BigB911

I really hope that this catches on and proves to be popular, as we will miss meeting Remy by only a couple weeks.

Is this "Limited time only" thing just a trial period? (Hoping that answer is yes!)

nbodyhome

I am glad everyone likes my pics and video! Remy is not there on Sundays, and is available 3x per lunch and 1x (5pm) for dinner, with breaks. So currently, it's easiest to see him for lunch.

Denise

dopeylover

We are planning to go in December...Maybe he'd come back for the holidays!!??? It is my husbands favorite movie, I hope he's still there!

pacochran

Original Poster
I wonder why he's not permanent, unless they want to send it to other parks. Seems to me though it is small enough they could make it for all the parks. Unless they are testing it to see it's popularity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom