Removal of Main Street Christmas Wreaths Due to New Parade

Disneygal1

Original Poster
Recently, I heard that the new and upcoming parade's floats are going to be much larger than Disney's current floats, which is causing Disney to remove the wreaths that stretch across Main Street. Can anyone confirm this? I'm sorry if this topic has already been touched on, but I couldn't find it anywhere!

mm52200

Move them to the Studios, they warrant them badly. Anything to obscure the view of the hat would be welcome.
The Studios use to have their own garlands hanging across the street before Block Party Bash came. However, now that they've gotten rid of the parade at Studios they should have brought them back this year but they didn't.

Disneygal1

Original Poster
Hasn't WDW always had the garland, though? I understand that it can be obscuring, but I just feel it's a tradition...

vin222222LARGE.jpg

I just find it to be disappointing. I hope Disney makes up for the lack of garland in other ways but lately, it seems as though a lot of the Christmas decorations are slowly diminishing.

Big C 73

They are nice until you're standing on Main Street to watch the castle dream lights, projection show, or fireworks

They always remove them for the Christmas parade taping and Main Street is still decorated well in my opinion

I'll give these up for a new parade

Even though the garland may obscure the view of entertainment near the castle and a new parade is wonderful, I still believe that the Christmas theming does not needs to be sacrificed for the sake of personal views. Just look what happened to the Magic Kingdom hub.

WDWFan_Boston

Hasn't WDW always had the garland, though? I understand that it can be obscuring, but I just feel it's a tradition...

View attachment 42365

I just find it to be disappointing. I hope Disney makes up for the lack of garland in other ways but lately, it seems as though a lot of the Christmas decorations are slowly diminishing.

The removal of the wreaths doesn't mean that MS decor is diminishing, it just means they are removing the wreaths and putting something else in it's place. I think it's great. Keep the view of the castle unobstructed and decorate with wreaths another way. No loss here (and maybe a gain, IMO).

ImagineerDude

Do they plan on doing the new parade during Christmas week this year instead of the Christmas parade? The current Christmas parade fits under the garland so why couldn't they put it up during Christmas through New Year's. They don't put it up until after the taping of the Disney Parks parade on ABC anyway, right?

MandaM

Do they plan on doing the new parade during Christmas week this year instead of the Christmas parade? The current Christmas parade fits under the garland so why couldn't they put it up during Christmas through New Year's. They don't put it up until after the taping of the Disney Parks parade on ABC anyway, right?
They don't put the tree up until after the Christmas parade is taped, but the garland is actually put up with the other decorations, then removed for the parade, and then put back in place.

PhotoDave219

Recently, I heard that the new and upcoming parade's floats are going to be much larger than Disney's current floats, which is causing Disney to remove the wreaths that stretch across Main Street. Can anyone confirm this? I'm sorry if this topic has already been touched on, but I couldn't find it anywhere!

Well, traditionally, after christmas we put the decorations away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom