Remember the plans of DCA and Disneyland combining?

Disneylover152

Original Poster
Does anyone remember in 2010 when Bob Iger said that at one point there were plans of DCA and Disneyland combining?

https://www.themeparktourist.com/ne...ing-disneyland-and-california-adventure-one-p

Does anyone know what those plans were and how it would have affected both parks if let's say they followed through with those plans. I know they were short lived but curious as to have seen how this would have played out.

TwilightZone

I think maybe the plans might be still a thing, but on hold, but this is just a guess, so don't quote me!
Anyways, I think one thing this may have had would have been a monorail stop. Makes sense, epcot has one, why not DCA?

DanielBB8

My feeling is this makes sense for the few times Disneyland is sold out like from Christmas day to New Years Eve. Then DCA, which isn’t sold out, will be the overflow park. You can easily go from one park to the other if it becomes unbearable. The esplanade will have extra entertainment areas. In fact, it’s a popular place to watch fireworks. This period will be a special ticketed event that will be priced at high value park hopping prices.

Figments Friend

Yes, I remember hearing about this a while back.
Tony Baxter proposed that DCA should not be a seperately gated Park but instead play the 'supporting role' to the real star attraction, Disneyland Park.

He proposed that some of the exsisting DCA Attractions and perhaps a few new experiences be grouped together in a public space across from Disneyland Park and form a 'side attraction' of sorts.
With a few rides, some themed areas, and various attractions it was a open place for people coming to DLR could enjoy in a 'free' public area.
The various rides and other features would have been separately ticketed experiences requiring the purchase of a ticket.
The idea was to bring back a modern day version of Disneyland's 'A thru E' ticket books.

As the story goes, Tony was thinking this would be a smart ticketing system to bring back for this new area.
It would encourage Guest spending and spread out the crowds, as well as add capacity to the area.
At the same time it would keep the focus on Disneyland Park and not create unessesary 'competition' with a seperately gated experience directly across the esplanade.

-

Last edited:

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Will never happen but it’s an interesting idea. DL + DCA would basically be a super theme park. It would be expensive as hell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom