Remember Me? (Spectromagic Related)

luv

Well hear me out....are you sitting down everyone....what if a section of a park wasn't created with the 12 and under soley in mind???
Disney management would all have heart attacks. They don't remember how to do anything that isn't for five year old girls.
They passed on it 10 years ago in favor of New Fantasyland.
Would've been cool.

I'd love it...but these days...it'll never happen.
A villain land would be much better than Avatar. IMO, it would be better than Star Wars, too. (I apologize to all the hard-core Star Wars fans. It's just my opinion. I'd apologize to the hard-core Avatar fans, but there are none.)

mp2bill

A villain land would be much better than Avatar. IMO, it would be better than Star Wars, too. (I apologize to all the hard-core Star Wars fans. It's just my opinion. I'd apologize to the hard-core Avatar fans, but there are none.)
Agreed!

The Duck

Disney needs to build a villains themed land :)
I'm not so sure about a land but I would love to see a villains dark ride. Just the ticket for scarring Mumsy and Daddums precious widdle angel for life! Seriously. Today's parents are raising a generation of pathetic p*****s. It could still be a nice attraction, though.

SirLink

Yes, that seems like a sound business decision. :facepalm:

You may be right about the quality of parenting today. But that will be cold comfort to Disney when they have invested their resources in a permanent headache.

So not everything the TWDC should do is to pander to the toddler brigade...make stuff for your older guests as well.

SirLink

Ever been to Disney World with a toddler? You'd be surprised how much of WDW is not targeted at the "toddler brigade".

Therefore they shouldn't have any trouble placing a Villains Land/Lair/Village in WDW or any other Disney resort and wouldn't have any problems if it weren't for Parents complaining about their "little precious ones" not being able to experience something that shouldn't be designed for them. But best if we take it to PMs from now if you want to continue.

IWantMyMagicBand

Hands up! I'm one of those parents you see dragging a screaming child on a ride because I think they need toughening up (Not Tot or RnRR though, too much for a little body, not mind, to go through imo), and I do think that one day they'll thank me for trying to de-wimp them. Seeing the skeletons in POTC is probably going to be the best of the worst things that will happen during their lives.It's not just because I might want to ride the ride, but I think kids need to experience scary stuff in a controlled environment. I took my daughter on HM when she was 3 and she thought it was hilarious. Now she's 8 and into more I think she'll cr@p herself if we did it again. and I wouldn't force her unless she was the only one from our group who didn't want to. In that case she can suck it up and close her eyes.
The Great Movie Ride was, quite frankly, too scary for me when it was not expected. We walked on so missed any notices about frightening scenes.
We all love snow white though, will be doing it again in a few weeks in Paris, thought Pinocchio there is scarier.
We do like a bit of villain interaction too, but a whole land probably not so much unless it was themed incredibly well and not just a bunch of dark rides. A vertical drop rollercoaster as the point of view of Malificient when she gets pushed off the cliff (or was that the wicked witch, I forget even though I have a small daughter and should obviously know allllllllllll the princess stuff seeing as that is all they're into ;) ) And either at the back of HM, with HM being the gateway, or around ToT in DHS. And I just had to share this picture lol
therapy.jpg

RSoxNo1

You know, Chernabog emerging and breathing fire at the top of a mountain would be pretty cool. If only some company would put a fire breathing animatronic at the top of a large structure as a thematic element for a land, that would be awesome.

Midlife Mouse

My daughter rode ToT when she was 5. Twice. My son rode HM, Snow White, et al when he was 2. You know what scared him? Fireworks. Go figure.

If you created a villains land, the question becomes one of balance. How do the respective heroes figure in? You can't create something that is all darkness and gloom, because that would be like ending a film after the second act. Where's the victory? Writing would be key.

With the Maleficent film on the way, an attraction that turns these stories on their head could be timely.

bhg469

My daughter rode ToT when she was 5. Twice. My son rode HM, Snow White, et al when he was 2. You know what scared him? Fireworks. Go figure.

If you created a villains land, the question becomes one of balance. How do the respective heroes figure in? You can't create something that is all darkness and gloom, because that would be like ending a film after the second act. Where's the victory? Writing would be key.

With the Maleficent film on the way, an attraction that turns these stories on their head could be timely.
A fantasmic themed omnimover would be a no brainer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom