relocating maybe?

spr0m

Original Poster
My company is offering me a transfer to Orlando :D
We have been there many times on vacation but never spent anytime in the non tourist areas. I have lots of family in Miami and if I was going there I know where I would live. If we go we would rent a home for the first year and have something built . The office is in the UCF area and I would like to be no more than 20mins away. We are going down this weekend to check things out before I accept. I got some recommendations from people in the office. I have 2 toddlers so need a kid freindly place and as far as expense it's not a major issue. My wife likes to walk with the kids and my current NJ home has lovely walking paths close by and she can walk to the downtown area which is nice. The schools aren't super important we'll most likely use private. So if you guys had a nice budget and could pick someplace in the east orlando area what would you recommend? Thanks in advance!

If my wife likes the areas we see then she'll say let's move :sohappy:

speck76

The new Baldwin Park development is going up on the grounds of the old Naval Training Center. It is very central to Orlando, and is Celebration-like.

Baldwin Park

I like the Vista Lakes development.

If you are looking for a resale home or to rent, consider either Stonybrook, which is a golf course community, or Waterford Lakes. Both are 5-10 years old, and are pretty nice.

You have some nice parks on that side of Orlando, and the Little Econ Greenway, which is a multi-use trail for walking, blading, or biking.

Try these links:

www.cityoforlando.net
www.onetgov.net

KevinPage

speck76 said:
The new Baldwin Park development is going up on the grounds of the old Naval Training Center. It is very central to Orlando, and is Celebration-like.

Baldwin Park

I like the Vista Lakes development.

If you are looking for a resale home or to rent, consider either Stonybrook, which is a golf course community, or Waterford Lakes. Both are 5-10 years old, and are pretty
Don't forget Avalon Park, right past Stony Brook (which is where we live).
Vista Lakes is closer to the aiport and about 30 minutes away from UCF, depending upon traffic. I work next to UCF and it takes me 17-20 minutes in the morning and 20-23 minutes in the afternoon :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom