Reimagineering My Projects

tcool123

Original Poster
Reimagineering - Tcool Edition
latest

Over the years I have posted on these forums ideas for theme parks worldwide, and over these years I feel that I have improved in the skills that I offer to the community. With the recent writing of my first new solo project in what feels like years, The Greatest Show, I have decided to take a look back on some of my ideas. With these ideas I take my favourites, and see how I can make them better. Additionally there will be some ideas that otherwise would've never be completed, but with this initiative I will see through my projects.

With that said you may wondering what am I talking about, well think of it as Disney's reboots. Love them or hate them they were there before, and now they are being reimagineered ;) However some projects I will link back to; an archive of what I believe has been some of the work I looking lovingly to of actual quality on my part, or if there were others involved in the creation. This thread itself will act as a portfolio for my favorite projects, and those that are being reworked.

Here's the list that I will attempt to complete over the course of 2018 and 2019.

Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Splash Down, The Sole Imagineer (2015)
Illuminessence, The Elite Eight Season 2 (2015)
Fixing Disneyland Paris, Solo Project (2014)
Disney's Hours of Darkness (2016)
Christmas at the Magic Kingdom, Solo Project (2017)
Disneyland Singapore Resort, Solo Project (2015 - 2017)
A New Resort... , Solo Project (2014)

Here's hoping I can actually achieve all that I seeked out to do :D

tcool123

Original Poster
The Archive

Toontown, The Sole Imagineer (2015)

Created in @RMichael21 's The Sole Imagineer was my first big solo project. It featured multiple attractions created in a short time span. At the time I was inspired by the lands that were created back in The sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2 as I felt the presentation, and immersion presented within each post kept pushing the bar higher. Wile the website presentation style has been dying out over the years it is still amazing to me to visit a website, and play around with maps and such. While I didn't include a map, or anything truly interactive it was my first time truly taking advantage of a website. Also I love the animation video compilation :inlove:

Tomorrowland 2055, The Creator Games (2015)

Created in @IDInstitute 's The Creator Games, Tomorrowland 2055 was an unique project combining a blog format that lead you into the mythos of the film Tomorrowland. Tomorrowland was completely overhauled, and brought in various aesthetics and characters from the film. Never directly basing anything on the film, but borrowing enough to be inspired by the film; thus allowing for an overarching story to be told in Tomorrowland. It is by far one of my favourite projects, and one of my best works in my opinion.

Nintendo Cinematic Universe, Solo Project (2015)
k4oivyomewnktybh4huq.jpg

Created back in 2015 the Nintendo Cinematic Universe was an ambitious project that I had taken on, and planned out a full Nintendo Cinematic Universe before it was cool. The universe has an entire phase completed, and the beginnings of the second phase. I was able to create unique stories based on The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario, Star Fox, Dong Kong Country, Metroid, Star Fox, Kirby, and Smash Brothers franchises. There are various cameos and easter eggs mentioned throughout the films, and various setups for future films.

The Capitol - A Hunger Games Land, Solo Project (2015)
Winner of Best Land - TAFI Alliance Awards 2015
reatsuu.png

This project for me was risky in my eyes. It was my first nonCompetion imagineering solo project, and it was based on The Hunger Games, a franchise that not many were huge fans of. However I was able to spin the books and films into a land that many people wished to visit. However the details I had included, and the writing of the ideas were able to capture the mind's of Imagineers; enough so that his project became my first award win.

Inventus, Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 3 (2015)

Created in Season 3 of The Sorcerer's Apprentice was Inventus by Team Oswald. This was the final project, and what brought me my first competition win. Team Oswald was composed of @spacemt354 , @RMichael21 , @Sam4D23 and @Flippin'Flounder together we all came together to brainstorm, and create an amazing fifth gate for Walt Disney World based on the mythology of the ancient world. Without the help of my team this project would have likely never seen the light of day, nor would have it come out looking so nice. @spacemt354 for the most part created the website, and everyone else had access to edit things in.

The Spain Pavilion, The House Cup (2016)
797726_64964529a52e460a9aa91378a6f26bc2~mv2.png

Created in @MonorailRed and @spacemt354 's the House Cup, The Spain Pavilion was a solo side challenge that I blew out of the water. So much so that I think I scared off my challenger @JokersWild as I'm still waiting for his challenge ;) Regardless this was my best looking, and flowing project for a long time. To this day, in my opinion, it is the best presentation I have put together for a solo project. However there is one project that I feel takes the cake in atmosphere. Additionally it featured what I regard as a modern Pirates of the Caribbean style attraction, and a good representation of the Spanish culture and people.
Fun fact: I'm a Spaniard, and doing this project felt like an honor to my culture. I also may have worked in some Cuban culture as well, but can you blame me it needed to something for the fresh new World, and the other part of my heritage :p

Disney's Hours of Darkness, Solo Project (2016)
barbossa-png.171877

Overall a fun project that brings Disney's Hollywood Studios something to do in the construction years leading up to Star Wars Land, and while the name of the event would lead you to believe it was based in halloween you would be wrong. This event actually takes place in the later part of Summer capturing the market of those who which to visit a whole new park, and get scared year round. After all why can you only be scared during Halloween? I sought out to change that very idea. This concept saw more adult Disney offerings with shows and walkthroughs aimed at the Teen/Adult audience enticing the older crowd to come and stay at the Walt Disney World Resort for the event.

The Kalikimaka Tiki Room, Solo Project (2017)
222222.png

It was originally once part of a bigger planned project, but the whole project ended up getting scrapped due to time constraints. However I did want to get something out into the forums for one last hurrah for the Christmas season. Admittedly the idea of this overlay is something I have been sitting on for a while, and decided to finish it as it was relatively easy and simple to do. However while it was relatively short it was still a fun project that proves that not everything has to be a sprawling new park, but an overlay can be just as fun!

Star Wars: Fragments of the Empire, SYWTBAI 16 (2018)
share_by_tcool123-dbyq8vr.png

Created in Season 16 of @TheOriginalTiki 's So, You Want to be an Imagineer, was a ride that put me out of my comfort zone. For you see I struggle describing roller coasters through text, and much less what I envision them to look like in my head. Or how the ride itself would be able to convey its message, but that was the whole point of the ride. In my mind if you were on a top secret mission to stop the empire you must go fast to avoid detection, and at times the vehicle slowed down to a stop was because it was a full on show scene that classic Disney was known for. Either way I am proud to see what I was able to come up with, and think that it adds a fun little chapter within the universe of Star Wars.

The Magic Kingdom, SYWTBAI 16 (2018)
797726_399a149ecb8c4f9db88164e9707d7eab~mv2.webp

Created in Season 16 of @TheOriginalTiki 's o, You Want to be an Imagineer, was an idea that challenged the way I worked. Not only was the challenge to design a new open world video game based on Disney for the Nintendo Switch, but it also involved working in a team with the Innovators. However the team quickly connected, and soon @D Hindley , @Pionmycake , @kmbmw777 , @DisneyManOne , and I were working together to form an impressive project in the time that was allotted. The main structure of the game is present throughout the presentation, and if Disney really wanted to they could probably adapt this into a game with little to no effort at all. Finally the website that was constructed was great, and the artwork created by @D Hindley was breathtaking.

The Greatest Show, Solo Project (2018)

This project is the whole reason why this thread exists, it is what trule relit the fire and passion for me when it comes to Imagineering. All around this project in my opinion was just a lot of fun to write and create.​

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
I'm excited! Can't wait to see what you do!
I'm excited, and I can't wait to see how I manage to even pull this off too! :hilarious:

Very interested in this one which I still have a folder for on my laptop:D
http://sas3teamo.wixsite.com/inventus

Considering this was basically done in 24 hours I'm excited to see what you do with it!
Well I won't be touching Inventus as I wouldn't feel right redoing the park without a proper Team Oswald reunion ;)

So for now I will just be focusing on solo projects that I was never too pleased with or completed, and the archive will be showcasing team efforts as well as some solo projects that I won't be touching.

These are the projects that will be undertaken rather it being due to it becoming too dated for my tastes, or new ideas that better represent the concept.
Fixing Disneyland Paris, Solo Project (2014)
Disney's Hours of Darkness (2016)
Christmas at the Magic Kingdom, Solo Project (2017)
Disneyland Singapore Resort, Solo Project (2015 - 2017)
A New Resort... , Solo Project (2014)

With that said check back every once in a while as it will be updated sporadically. So far I aim to at least half of the archives up, and running.

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
The Archive

Toontown, The Sole Imagineer (2015)

Created in @RMichael21 's The Sole Imagineer was my first big solo project. It featured multiple attractions created in a short time span. At the time I was inspired by the lands that were created back in The sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2 as I felt the presentation, and immersion presented within each post kept pushing the bar higher. Wile the website presentation style has been dying out over the years it is still amazing to me to visit a website, and play around with maps and such. While I didn't include a map, or anything truly interactive it was my first time truly taking advantage of a website. Also I love the animation video compilation :inlove:

Tomorrowland 2055, The Creator Games (2015)

Created in @IDInstitute 's The Creator Games, Tomorrowland 2055 was an unique project combining a blog format that lead you into the mythos of the film Tomorrowland. Tomorrowland was completely overhauled, and brought in various aesthetics and characters from the film. Never directly basing anything on the film, but borrowing enough to be inspired by the film; thus allowing for an overarching story to be told in Tomorrowland. It is by far one of my favourite projects, and one of my best works in my opinion.

Nintendo Cinematic Universe, Solo Project (2015)
k4oivyomewnktybh4huq.jpg

Created back in 2015 the Nintendo Cinematic Universe was an ambitious project that I had taken on, and planned out a full Nintendo Cinematic Universe before it was cool. The universe has an entire phase completed, and the beginnings of the second phase. I was able to create unique stories based on The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario, Star Fox, Dong Kong Country, Metroid, Star Fox, Kirby, and Smash Brothers franchises. There are various cameos and easter eggs mentioned throughout the films, and various setups for future films.

The Capitol - A Hunger Games Land, Solo Project (2015)
Winner of Best Land - TAFI Alliance Awards 2015
View attachment 264372
This project for me was risky in my eyes. It was my first nonCompetion imagineering solo project, and it was based on The Hunger Games, a franchise that not many were huge fans of. However I was able to spin the books and films into a land that many people wished to visit. However the details I had included, and the writing of the ideas were able to capture the mind's of Imagineers; enough so that his project became my first award win.

Inventus, Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 3 (2015)

Created in Season 3 of The Sorcerer's Apprentice was Inventus by Team Oswald. This was the final project, and what brought me my first competition win. Team Oswald was composed of @spacemt354 , @RMichael21 , @Sam4D23 and @Flippin'Flounder together we all came together to brainstorm, and create an amazing fifth gate for Walt Disney World based on the mythology of the ancient world. Without the help of my team this project would have likely never seen the light of day, nor would have it come out looking so nice. @spacemt354 for the most part created the website, and everyone else had access to edit things in.

The Spain Pavilion, The House Cup (2016)
797726_64964529a52e460a9aa91378a6f26bc2~mv2.png

Created in @MonorailRed and @spacemt354 's the House Cup, The Spain Pavilion was a solo side challenge that I blew out of the water. So much so that I think I scared off my challenger @JokersWild as I'm still waiting for his challenge ;) Regardless this was my best looking, and flowing project for a long time. To this day, in my opinion, it is the best presentation I have put together for a solo project. However there is one project that I feel takes the cake in atmosphere. Additionally it featured what I regard as a modern Pirates of the Caribbean style attraction, and a good representation of the Spanish culture and people.
Fun fact: I'm a Spaniard, and doing this project felt like an honor to my culture. I also may have worked in some Cuban culture as well, but can you blame me it needed to something for the fresh new World, and the other part of my heritage :p

Disney's Hours of Darkness, Solo Project (2016)
barbossa-png.171877

Overall a fun project that brings Disney's Hollywood Studios something to do in the construction years leading up to Star Wars Land, and while the name of the event would lead you to believe it was based in halloween you would be wrong. This event actually takes place in the later part of Summer capturing the market of those who which to visit a whole new park, and get scared year round. After all why can you only be scared during Halloween? I sought out to change that very idea. This concept saw more adult Disney offerings with shows and walkthroughs aimed at the Teen/Adult audience enticing the older crowd to come and stay at the Walt Disney World Resort for the event.

The Kalikimaka Tiki Room, Solo Project (2017)
View attachment 264453
It was originally once part of a bigger planned project, but the whole project ended up getting scrapped due to time constraints. However I did want to get something out into the forums for one last hurrah for the Christmas season. Admittedly the idea of this overlay is something I have been sitting on for a while, and decided to finish it as it was relatively easy and simple to do. However while it was relatively short it was still a fun project that proves that not everything has to be a sprawling new park, but an overlay can be just as fun!

Star Wars: Fragments of the Empire, SYWTBAI 16 (2018)
share_by_tcool123-dbyq8vr.png

Created in Season 16 of @TheOriginalTiki 's So, You Want to be an Imagineer, was a ride that put me out of my comfort zone. For you see I struggle describing roller coasters through text, and much less what I envision them to look like in my head. Or how the ride itself would be able to convey its message, but that was the whole point of the ride. In my mind if you were on a top secret mission to stop the empire you must go fast to avoid detection, and at times the vehicle slowed down to a stop was because it was a full on show scene that classic Disney was known for. Either way I am proud to see what I was able to come up with, and think that it adds a fun little chapter within the universe of Star Wars.

The Magic Kingdom, SYWTBAI 16 (2018)
797726_399a149ecb8c4f9db88164e9707d7eab~mv2.webp

Created in Season 16 of @TheOriginalTiki 's o, You Want to be an Imagineer, was an idea that challenged the way I worked. Not only was the challenge to design a new open world video game based on Disney for the Nintendo Switch, but it also involved working in a team with the Innovators. However the team quickly connected, and soon @D Hindley , @Pionmycake , @kmbmw777 , @DisneyManOne , and I were working together to form an impressive project in the time that was allotted. The main structure of the game is present throughout the presentation, and if Disney really wanted to they could probably adapt this into a game with little to no effort at all. Finally the website that was constructed was great, and the artwork created by @D Hindley was breathtaking.

The Greatest Show, Solo Project (2018)

This project is the whole reason why this thread exists, it is what trule relit the fire and passion for me when it comes to Imagineering. All around this project in my opinion was just a lot of fun to write and create.​

It's official The Archive is complete! It only took two months, but hey later is better than never, right? ;):p

As for upcoming projects here's a tease for what is going to be reimagined:

001.jpg

It's a bit crude IMO, but hey I often don't do any concept art ;)

Any guesses as to what kind of ride it is, and where you might see it. Correct guesser gets a cookie! :p

spacemt354

Chili's
It's official The Archive is complete! It only took two months, but hey later is better than never, right? ;):p

As for upcoming projects here's a tease for what is going to be reimagined:

View attachment 275759

It's a bit crude IMO, but hey I often don't do any concept art ;)

Any guesses as to what kind of ride it is, and where you might see it. Correct guesser gets a cookie! :p
Is it a spinner? :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom