Reimagineering [COSMIC REWIND BRAINSTORMING OPEN!]

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Welcome to
Artboard 1.png

In this open brainstorming thread, we'll all work together to improve on the latest Disney attractions as they open! Please note that this thread may not be consistently active, as activity will mostly depend on when new attractions open.

The rules are simple:​
  • Improvements to an attraction can't change its location, budget, or general theme.​
  • Anyone can join in or leave at any time!​
  • There are no deadlines, rankings, or results! This isn't a competition, and there's no such thing as a bad suggestion!​

And most importantly: HAVE FUN!

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Let's get started with our first newly-opened attraction:
WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure

How would you improve the attraction?
Would you change the storyline? The ride system?
What are your best ideas?​

MickeyMouse10

I think they were trying to theme it to the land too much. We don't need to see the different Avenger's Campus settings. Also shooting at the tiny robot spiders that look exactly alike is monotonous after awhile.

It would have been much better if we got to shoot with a real shooter (ala Toy Story) at actual Villains.

Miru

I’d change the narrative to have an actual villain or two proceed to hijack the training session, and in order to represent the training session breaking, the villains would be animatronics as opposed to mere screens. Then there would be a chase scene.

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I think they were trying to theme it to the land too much. We don't need to see the different Avenger's Campus settings. Also shooting at the tiny robot spiders that look exactly alike is monotonous after awhile.

It would have been much better if we got to shoot with a real shooter (ala Toy Story) at actual Villains.
I think the “web shooting” aspect is good. I haven’t tried it myself, but I haven’t heard any complaints about the targeting and it looks pretty simple to me. So I think that that aspect could stay. It’s the one real “gimmick” that set this apart from TSMM.

Yeah, I agree about the spider bots. They just need to go. They were a lame attempt at a merchandise tie in.

I think that overall the screens are okay, but there definitely should be some more physical aspects. A-As, etc. Not too many (remember, we need to work within the same budget with our ideas), but just a healthy sprinkling.

Miru

I think the “web shooting” aspect is good. I haven’t tried it myself, but I haven’t heard any complaints about the targeting and it looks pretty simple to me. So I think that that aspect could stay. It’s the one real “gimmick” that set this apart from TSMM.

Yeah, I agree about the spider bots. They just need to go. They were a lame attempt at a merchandise tie in.

I think that overall the screens are okay, but there definitely should be some more physical aspects. A-As, etc. Not too many (remember, we need to work within the same budget with our ideas), but just a healthy sprinkling.
I’d suggest probably one or two villains, ones we’ve seen before coming back for their revenge; Whiplash would be a good pick along with Vulture, both are low-key surviving villains who still headlined a film. I could hear Whiplash shout “This is not a drill!”
Keeping them always masked would be a good idea to keep within the budget.

Last edited:

The Aracuan Bird

I’d do four villains. Yes four. One in each area. Sandman in the warehouse scene. Mysterio in the kitchen. Electro in the Collectors power room. Vulture in the heliport.

The interactivity remains, but with the addition of the villains, the ride is now co-operative “raid boss” style. Think like the Pokémon Go legendaries. Each has a unique set of attacks, and the guests help each other to take them down. The better they perform, the less help they need from Spidey, and his dialogue will change.

In some of the intermission areas, you may see one or two of the villains in physical form webbed up. Though these wouldn’t be full extensive animatronics.

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I’d do four villains. Yes four. One in each area. Sandman in the warehouse scene. Mysterio in the kitchen. Electro in the Collectors power room. Vulture in the heliport.
I like the idea, but I do think that it's doubtful that Marvel would introduce new mainstream villains exclusively in an attraction. Sandman and Electro would probably be introduced first in films, and then slowly integrated into the parks/Avengers Campus.

The Aracuan Bird

I like the idea, but I do think that it's doubtful that Marvel would introduce new mainstream villains exclusively in an attraction. Sandman and Electro would probably be introduced first in films, and then slowly integrated into the parks/Avengers Campus.
There’s rumours that they will be in next one. Well, rumours for Sandman. Jamie Foxx already confirmed that he’s coming back as Electro. And they aren’t doing a refurb of this for a few years (if at all), so I think it’s still plausible!

Miru

The interactivity remains, but with the addition of the villains, the ride is now co-operative “raid boss” style. Think like the Pokémon Go legendaries. Each has a unique set of attacks, and the guests help each other to take them down. The better they perform, the less help they need from Spidey, and his dialogue will change.

In some of the intermission areas, you may see one or two of the villains in physical form webbed up. Though these wouldn’t be full extensive animatronics.
Nice! Maybe have a few “sub-bosses” too, like Montana and Prowler, to keep up the excitement. The “sub-bosses” won’t be physically seen, though.

Ariel’s Adventure would be another attraction that would be fun to openly brainstorm for after this one.

MickeyMouse10

To tell you the truth I don't really like Tom Holland being on it. I would have just had the masked Spiderman in this one. If you keep the mask on him it will remain relevant beyond the current Movie Version. No matter how many times they replace the actor.

Universal's version opened in 1999 and still remains relevant. Because they went with the Comic Version of Spiderman. Picture how this ride would have looked if they made it back in 2014 with Andrew Garfield. It would have looked out of date right away.

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Ariel’s Adventure would be another attraction that would be fun to openly brainstorm for after this one.
Good idea! But maybe in a different brainstorming thread. This one is mostly for very recent attractions. (Avengers Campus, SW:GE, etc.)

To tell you the truth I don't really like Tom Holland being on it. I would have just had the masked Spiderman in this one. If you keep the mask on him it will remain relevant beyond the current Movie Version. No matter how many times they replace the actor.

Universal's version opened in 1999 and still remains relevant. Because they went with the Comic Version of Spiderman. Picture how this ride would have looked if they made it back in 2014 with Andrew Garfield. It would have looked out of date right away.
Yes and no. I think it makes sense that Holland is on it just because the entire land is themed to the MCU and this his version of Spider-Man. If a comics Spider-Man was in an otherwise MCU themed area, it could be a bit confusing. But I do think Universal’s ride is probably more timeless.

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
On that note, what happens once the MCU ends? That’s the big question here. Anyways, any ideas to make the queue experience better?
I mean, that same problem exists with Galaxy’s Edge. Sure, Disney will continue milking Star Wars for all it’s worth, but they can’t keep making trilogies forever. At some point, the films will stop, but Disney just hopes that the longevity and timelessness of the series allows the land to last longer.

The same could be said of Avengers Campus. I personally see the MCU lasting years longer. Eventually, it will stop, or at least slow to a crawl. At that point, they just hope that the nostalgia and timelessness of the stories, characters, and universe allow the land to continue.

On that note, I think it was a bad decision for Disney to set Avengers Campus in an alternate reality. Maybe a slightly modified version of the actual MCU would work, but this whole “let’s set it in an alternate reality so that we can still have Iron Man and Black Widow characters” is going to be the major flaw with the land. Eventually, the MCU and the Campus will be on such different paths that there’s almost no continuity between them.

Miru

Perhaps, there's a reason everything will be screen based in Avenger's Campus. They may intend to change all of the attractions after 10+ years. All they'd have to do is change the videos to fit with the new characters and storylines.
Hmmm... sorta like the “black box” idea they posited a while back? Anyways, I could see Pal Mickey rolling the WEB SLINGERS service into him if he ever gets brought back. You’d attach a little slinger to him to enhance his firepower.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom