News Reimagined Toontown coming

el_super

"Divisions have to promote each other. So Disneyland Afternoon Live and Gadget's Go Coaster were to please that division. Unfortunately, as soon as the shows are off the air, no one may remember them.

I wonder if he would be willing to extend that same logic to Indiana Jones, since they haven't made a movie since the same year the Rescue Rangers debuted.

Dear Prudence

I am hoping to see at least a little bit more Roger since they've been plastering him all over the Cakeworthy merch. A girl can dream, but I do love him. ❤️

Texas84

Gadget coaster re-theme:
R.jpg

Roger_the_pianist

Really hoping for the Duck nephews to take over the coaster...

Or Chip and Dale's Nuthouse Coaster (wait...isn't Woody Woodpecker's Universal coaster called Nuthouse 🤣)

PiratesMansion

I would be 100% ok with Gadget's staying as it was.

It had a fun theme with fun details and I don't believe modern Disney is capable of topping it. Who cares if no one knows who Gadget is? Knowing who Elsa and Anna are doesn't do anything to make FEA a good ride.

WDW's Gadget equivalent got less interesting when it was rethemed to match New Fantasyland and there's a zero percent chance that doesn't happen here too IMO.

Roger_the_pianist

Is this an active rumor, or are you just saying it's something you'd like to see? I ask because I'd love to see this as well. I'd be so impressed if Disney fully committed to freshening up this stale, irrelevant (as much as I personally still love Who Framed Roger Rabbit) area of the park.
Just some arm chair Imagineering. But you'd think they are already commited to making the area fresh by the new E-ticket with the Railway.

If *Gadget* remains as a theme I'd be shocked because I'm not even sure who that is...she wears a pantsuit, right? Lol

Brer Panther

I think Ludwig Von Drake would be a pretty good character to base a retheme of Gadget's Go-Coaster on. They could theme it as a new invention of his and turn the queue into his workshop or whatever.

Von Drake is really underused in the theme parks. I think the closest thing he ever got to being featured in an attraction was his appearance in the World According to Goofy parade back in 1992.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Just some arm chair Imagineering. But you'd think they are already commited to making the area fresh by the new E-ticket with the Railway.

If *Gadget* remains as a theme I'd be shocked because I'm not even sure who that is...she wears a pantsuit, right? Lol

By "fully commit," I mean going beyond adding the new (fantastic, from what I hear) attraction. They could add trees/shade and plus-up the landscaping (which they're doing, thankfully). They could redesign the facades, which are stuck in an outdated 1980s/early-1990s cartoon sensibility (unsure to what degree this will happen). They could retheme Gadget's Go-Coaster (no announced plans for this).

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Is this an active rumor, or are you just saying it's something you'd like to see? I ask because I'd love to see this as well. I'd be so impressed if Disney fully committed to freshening up this stale, irrelevant (as much as I personally still love Who Framed Roger Rabbit) area of the park.
They should've heavy inspiring themeing to Who Framed Roger Rabbit for Toontown way back early 1990s instead just themed to Mickey & His Friends.

Roger_the_pianist

I'm sure we will be impressed with the outcome. Not to bring in the Princess and the Frog/Splash Mountain discord, but let's realize that we should not set ourselves up to be let down when we know the product is going to be quality.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I'm sure we will be impressed with the outcome. Not to bring in the Princess and the Frog/Splash Mountain discord, but let's realize that we should not set ourselves up to be let down when we know the product is going to be quality.
What would be more perfect than the Princess and the Frog retheme for Splash Mountain, Trail Mix Up Log Splash themed to same Roger Rabbit short "Trail Mix Up" (1993). It will have Audio-Animatronics, alot of gag interactives, etc...it will have meet & greet with Roger Rabbit and Ranger Jessica Rabbit.

Californian Elitist

Based on the last couple of years, we should absolutely expect the worst for everything, in my opinion.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
What would be more perfect than the Princess and the Frog retheme for Splash Mountain, Trail Mix Up Log Splash themed to same Roger Rabbit short "Trail Mix Up" (1993). It will have Audio-Animatronics, alot of gag interactives, etc...it will have meet & greet with Roger Rabbit and Ranger Jessica Rabbit.
Sorry, but not everything needs to be related to Roger Rabbit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom