News Reimagined Toontown coming

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That’s still a head scratcher. The only thing that would make that make sense is if there is a Donald Duck attraction in the pipeline.

Yeah they could theme the coaster to Donald I suppose. Unfortunately I think whatever we get there will be a downgrade. The coaster is still very well themed for a kiddie coaster even with all of the broken effects. Hard for me to see todays Disney topping it. They ll just make it more “relevant” somehow but I doubt it will be better than Gadgets Go Coaster.
Other than Gadgets or something Rescue Rangers, what would you like to see it rethemed as? Sorry if you posted that already, I may not have seen it.

mickEblu

Other than Gadgets or something Rescue Rangers, what would you like to see it rethemed as? Sorry if you posted that already, I may not have seen it.

Being that I don’t want it to be reskinned Or at least minimally reskinned I’d say just classic Chip n Dale. Not Rescue Rangers. It would feel organic in its surrounding area and all the oversized stuff would still make sense. Also it would make more sense in Toontown with the classic Fab 5 characters than Gadget/ Rescue Rangers. It would also throw those characters a bone as the treehouse is likely toast. Chip n Dale should have a place in Toontown. After the Fab 5, they are next in the Peking order, even ahead of Daisy.

Last edited:

Roger_the_pianist

Chip and Dale makes sense. Huey Dewey Louie would be cute.

I did love Goofy's Wiseacre at Disneyworld with the chicken house gag. I'm thinking the queue went through the barn, too with the coaster crashing through above. But it also felt like a rip off of the Woody Woodpecker coaster at Universal (not sure which came first)

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Snippet from OCR’s Ken Potrock interview. Sounds like Disneyland will get an “enhanced” version of MMRR (without losing the GMR to boot!) in addition to some details on the vision for the new ToonTown.

<<Q. What’s Toontown going to be like once the renovation is complete?

A. Looking at that land as an opportunity to really improve upon the experience for families with younger kids is a big objective of ours. It’s going to become much more interactive. It’s going to have much more park space to picnic, sit in the grass and for kids to run around. That’s going to be a really special place for us here at the resort.

We’re working really hard on making Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway a fabulous attraction. It’s in Florida already and it’s going to be even better here because it has some enhancements that Florida doesn’t have.>>

milordsloth

Snippet from OCR’s Ken Potrock interview. Sounds like Disneyland will get an “enhanced” version of MMRR (without losing the GMR to boot!) in addition to some details on the vision for the new ToonTown.

<<Q. What’s Toontown going to be like once the renovation is complete?

A. Looking at that land as an opportunity to really improve upon the experience for families with younger kids is a big objective of ours. It’s going to become much more interactive. It’s going to have much more park space to picnic, sit in the grass and for kids to run around. That’s going to be a really special place for us here at the resort.

We’re working really hard on making Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway a fabulous attraction. It’s in Florida already and it’s going to be even better here because it has some enhancements that Florida doesn’t have.>>

I'm super curious what the "enhancements" will be to Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. I know there has been talk of an additional scene potentially, but that makes it sound like there might be other improvements as well.

mickEblu

I'm super curious what the "enhancements" will be to Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. I know there has been talk of an additional scene potentially, but that makes it sound like there might be other improvements as well.

Sounds great. Sounds like more than just queue stuff. Maybe an additional scene and/or some plussed scenes. Of course you never know, Disney likes to embellish a lot these days.

Brer Panther

The David Bowie song is the only thing of worth from Cool World.
That and Nails. I personally like Nails.

1645743029622.png

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
It’s going to have much more park space to picnic, sit in the grass and for kids to run around. That’s going to be a really special place for us here at the resort.
This is one of those things that sounds good on paper, but in reality who is going to want to sit on dirty AstroTurf to eat food when dozens of people will be cutting through (cause people will) nearly stepping on your food. And it's not like anyone is going to bring a picnic blanket with them into the park......then again, people do bring in blankets to stake out parades and shows.

Toontown won't hold a candle to Wizarding World lol
That's like saying Dumbo won't hold a candle to Rise of the Resistance. They aren't on the same playing field.

mickEblu

I rode MMRR in September, and it is an all around fantastic attraction. I was sad to see Great Movie Ride go, but MMRR is fun and fresh. It will be a great addition to Disneyland.

Same (but in November). Wish GMR had survived, and MMRR would have been an ideal replacement for the old animation building, but it is what it is.

I’d be excited for it come to DL even without any of the enhancements. With that said, on video at least, it feels like there is some room for improvement. Being that you have actually been on it what do you think they could improve upon?

For me, some of the rooms feel kind of bare like the rodeo scene. The tornado room seems like a missed opportunity. I feel like the vehicles should spin around the tornado and their could be more projections/ effects there. I’d like to see the vehicle tip forward for the waterfall scene. I also feel like the Daisy room is a momentum killer but I also understand that it may be one of the more fun rooms due to the movement.

With all of that said, some of the scenes look fantastic even on video - like the nighttime park scene and my favorite, the big city scene.

Mac Tonight

I’d be excited for it come to DL even without any of the enhancements. With that said, on video at least, it feels like there is some room for improvement. Being that you have actually been on it what do you think they could improve upon?

For me, some of the rooms feel kind of bare like the rodeo scene. The tornado room seems like a missed opportunity. I feel like the vehicles should spin around the tornado and their could be more projections/ effects there. I’d like to see the vehicle tip forward for the waterfall scene. I also feel like the Daisy room is a momentum killer but I also understand that it may be one of the more fun rooms due to the movement.

With all of that said, some of the scenes look fantastic even on video - like the nighttime park scene and my favorite, the big city scene.
If you're not fully engaged with what is visually happening in front of you, it's easy to look around and recognize that you are basically just in a giant empty "box" of a room with some flat props that things are projected onto. So from that perspective, it would be nice if there was a bit more scenery decoration.

It would be awesome if the cars could tip forward, but the effect is believable enough (to me anyways) as is. Also not even sure how that would work with the flat LPS system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom