News Reimagined Toontown coming

pdude81

Does anybody know if they will make any changes here to Roger Rabbit? It looks like the firehouse front is still there but there is some other road coming around? I assume some of this is just artwork and focused on the bigger changes to the entrance and heading off to the left.

pdude81

I'm also assuming they retheme Gadget's coaster, but it was fun seeing these different characters (Gadget and Roger) at all. Hopefully we can learn a bit more about what will stay or go in the coming weeks.

Mickeyboof

7578E86E-7556-43DE-B4CC-EF3F412745F3.jpeg

The full concept art. Is Roger Rabit’s entrance moving to the building in the lower right corner?

Sharon&Susan

Anything being removed? No mention of Roger Rabbit, which is concerning…
Roger should be safe, they announced a diversity and inclusivity update for it two months ago.

Other than the obvious removal of Toon Park (and maybe Goofy's Playground, it's hard to tell from the concept art) for CenTOONial Park looks like the ever exciting Chip N Dale's Treehouse is going to Yesterland.

DavidDL

... looks like the ever exciting Chip N Dale's Treehouse is going to Yesterland.

Or maybe being upgraded? The old one looks like it's long gone but the new tree in the center of the concept art could certainly be a reimagined version of a Chip N Dale playground of sorts?

Mickeyboof

B1940918-F046-4C2F-B98F-009D2BE1BC2F.gif

Did a quick overlay. The Roger Rabbit show entrance is untouched and unchanged in the artist’s concept art, though scaled up through interpretation. Got nervous for a second!

Wow, this might be absolutely fabulous. There has always been too much flat concrete in toontown! Cannot wait to stroll through in 2023! I’d love if they added a imaginative restaurant as well…!

pdude81

Roger should be safe, they announced a diversity and inclusivity update for it two months ago.

Other than the obvious removal of Toon Park (and maybe Goofy's Playground, it's hard to tell from the concept art) for CenTOONial Park looks like the ever exciting Chip N Dale's Treehouse is going to Yesterland.
I didn't remember anything official about that, even though they did make some minor ride changes. I'm hoping they didn't take the usual backlash to any change and decide to retheme altogether.

Given the 12-18 month timeline, they aren't just going to demo it regardless. I'd have to assume it's either sticking around with a refreshed exterior or switched to a different property (like Mr. Toad -> Pooh at MK).

They do have a new LL sign up at RR, though I assume Genie will launch before then and it'd be necessary anyway.

pdude81

View attachment 600836

Did a quick overlay. The Roger Rabbit show entrance is untouched and unchanged in the artist’s concept art, though scaled up through interpretation. Got nervous for a second!

Wow, this might be absolutely fabulous. There has always been too much flat concrete in toontown! Cannot wait to stroll through in 2023! I’d love if they added a imaginative restaurant as well…!
I kept trying to A/B the two and certain things wouldn't line up right. I hope you are correct!

Sailor310

Trees and grass are a great idea. They left an unfenced plot of grass in front of Tomorrowland for a while. Folks were stretched out, napping and picnicking there in no time.

Magenta Panther

View attachment 600836

It's nice to see Toontown getting some much-needed love. The new additions, especially the Dreaming Tree, seem very nice. As for Roger's ride, it was reported that it will get the Redd the Pirate treatment as Jessica Rabbit is getting woke and becoming a detective of all things. Hoo boy. But maybe the ride will get new and better scenes and will make a bit more narrative sense as a result. Not everything in Roger Rabbit has to be Tex Avery-focused. Anyway, we'll see...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom