Regrets!

Rescue Ranger

I mostly regret missing character photo opportunities that may never be again. Those like Gadget, Rebecca Cunningham, Launchpad and other Disney Afternoon characters for example. Now when I see a character I want, I do it....just in case I never get the chance again.

ucanfly

I always regret not buying mickey ears! It takes me a while to decide which ones I want but by the time I decide it's always on the last day or so so i end up not getting them!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Ears For Me.

I always regret not buying mickey ears! It takes me a while to decide which ones I want but by the time I decide it's always on the last day or so so i end up not getting them!

Ain't that funny,me too,but I'll put a end to that this year.:wave:Iam gonna wear those ears with pride,the bigger,the better.:sohappy:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Yes! I have been to Disney World over a 100 times. Yes literally. I was born and raised in FL and have annual passes lol and I have never.....seen....Fantasmic..ever. I hear it's amazing. I regret never having seen it. One of these days I will see it I hope! We are actually leaving today for a 4 day trip..hopefully the statement above will change by the time that I get back.

Our family has always referred to it as FantasMISTAKE.
Been there, done that, don't need to see ever again.

draybook

I'm not sure how to label my response.

I think it was during our trip in December of 09. We were at the MK right at opening and the crowds were paper thin. We were over there by Dumbo when the 2 step-sisters and the stepmother(can't remember the names) approached my son. I can't remember exactly what the girl in the green dress said but my son took her hand and kissed it, like you would see in the fairy tales. This amazed them and they spent the next 5 minutes gushing over him and making him laugh. Well, my stupid self is sitting there with the camera around my neck and I didn't even think to take a picture of these events. Oh, it gets worse.

Later that day we're sitting along the rope over by the Liberty Square bell, waiting on the parade. Well, during the part where those same step-sisters and step-mother come by, the girl in the green dress notices my son. She walks up and puts her hand out. He once again takes it and kisses it like a gentleman. Score, I've got this on video now! Oh wait, what's that? I forgot to hit the record button?

Yeah, I realize that I've been taking video for about 8 minutes without recording. Not only that, but I've missed "the kiss" AGAIN. My wife tried to comfort me but I felt like crap for the rest of the day. I wish I could go back and make sure the dang thing was recording.

The Empress Lilly

I'm not sure how to label my response.

I think it was during our trip in December of 09. We were at the MK right at opening and the crowds were paper thin. We were over there by Dumbo when the 2 step-sisters and the stepmother(can't remember the names) approached my son. I can't remember exactly what the girl in the green dress said but my son took her hand and kissed it, like you would see in the fairy tales. This amazed them and they spent the next 5 minutes gushing over him and making him laugh. Well, my stupid self is sitting there with the camera around my neck and I didn't even think to take a picture of these events. Oh, it gets worse.

Later that day we're sitting along the rope over by the Liberty Square bell, waiting on the parade. Well, during the part where those same step-sisters and step-mother come by, the girl in the green dress notices my son. She walks up and puts her hand out. He once again takes it and kisses it like a gentleman. Score, I've got this on video now! Oh wait, what's that? I forgot to hit the record button?

Yeah, I realize that I've been taking video for about 8 minutes without recording. Not only that, but I've missed "the kiss" AGAIN. My wife tried to comfort me but I felt like crap for the rest of the day. I wish I could go back and make sure the dang thing was recording.
Ow, that's a shame!

But hey, memories happened whether they are on film or not. Besides, the story is always better than the small blurry snapshot.

DisneyBeatles

My biggest regret was not riding the water slide at the Polynesian about 10 yrs ago when i was about 4. I got all the way to the top and chickened out because i remember my mom telling me there were spikes that would cut your back and there were flamethrowers.... I don't think she meant to scare me...

Walt Disney1955

I have never gone on Toy Story Mania. I don't know why. Well, the line up was insane and I always figure it is sort of a clone of Buzz Lightyear. I've been told it is much better. Should have waited.

Also, the last time we were in Epcot in 2009 it was at the end of a two week visit to Orlando. We did everything around that area and by 6pm or so we were tired and figured we could grab some food off property and maybe just relax in the pool in the evening (we stay off-site, two miles away). So the last couple of hours we sort of skimmed through the World Showcase faster than usual. This meant we missed the Gran Fiesta Tour. I've never done it. Depending on who I ask they say it is like Small World with a Mexican flavour, I don't know.

So yeah, a couple regrets.

Innkeeper's Club

I guess another one I can think of is not trying the Fish & Chips from the Yorkshire County Fish Shop because there has always been a long line to order. The last two times I was at WDW in August/September 2011 and December 2011 I said one day I will try it and never did. Plus the sad thing is since I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn I could have walked to Epcot and it would have been very easy with my Annual Pass. Although I guess this is something I can make sure won't happen again this coming August when I am back at WDW and staying at the Boardwalk Inn, so I will make sure to try it.

The Empress Lilly

I have never gone on Toy Story Mania. I don't know why. Well, the line up was insane and I always figure it is sort of a clone of Buzz Lightyear. I've been told it is much better. Should have waited.

Also, the last time we were in Epcot in 2009 it was at the end of a two week visit to Orlando. We did everything around that area and by 6pm or so we were tired and figured we could grab some food off property and maybe just relax in the pool in the evening (we stay off-site, two miles away). So the last couple of hours we sort of skimmed through the World Showcase faster than usual. This meant we missed the Gran Fiesta Tour. I've never done it. Depending on who I ask they say it is like Small World with a Mexican flavour, I don't know.

So yeah, a couple regrets.
I hate Buzz but love TSM. So yeah, it is worth making time for it.

GFT is only 'like IASW with Mexican Flavour' in style, not in quality. A boat ride with small dolls. Other than that GFT is a brief, slightly dull b-ticket. Personally I much preferred it without the Three Caballeros cartoons on tv's everywhere. Without the cartoon the ride felt a bit more like IASW meets another classic, If You had Wings.

I have a regret already lol. I am getting married this year and I wam going to disney for my honeymoon. I am so happy to be going there for my honeymoon but my dream was always to get married in disney. I had too many people tell me it was too expensive and out of the way including my fiance. He loves disney but not as much as me. WISH i stuck to my dream! lol he didnt propose there either because he said it was too obvious. we went sept 2010 and got engaged 5 months later! oh well :) going there in 5 months

BrittanyRose428

I have a regret already lol. I am getting married this year and I wam going to disney for my honeymoon. I am so happy to be going there for my honeymoon but my dream was always to get married in disney. I had too many people tell me it was too expensive and out of the way including my fiance. He loves disney but not as much as me. WISH i stuck to my dream! lol he didnt propose there either because he said it was too obvious. we went sept 2010 and got engaged 5 months later! oh well :) going there in 5 months
You can always do a vow renewal or something special for a later anniversary in WDW! :) + Congrats on getting married! :sohappy:

MouseDreaming

I seem to have some regrets after every trip, which insures a need to go back! Things I'm looking forward to:
Fantasmic with the kiddos
Horseback riding at Ft Wilderness
Checking out some of the other resorts (we always stay at POFQ)
Go to MK for rope drop, while everyone else in my family is asleep (really getting tired of waiting for everyone, and the kids are getting old enough that DH can handle all the AM stuff on his own, if he had to.)
And then there is a never ending list of restaurants we should try out.

Um, OK, I think I've got enough reasons for a couple of trips now!:p

HouCuseChickie

I've got a handful...old and recent, but the one that stands out the most right now was August 16, 2012. We were at WDW for my older daughter's surprise bday trip and I got so caught up in certain details that I forgot to put my video camera in my bag and forgot to charge the battery for my DSLR camera.

We had a 7am breakfast at Chef Mickey's and I'd ordered a custom cake to be delivered during the meal. It wasn't until just before they brought the cake out did I realize that the video camera was back in the room. Thankfully, my DSLR still had a charge at this point (not that I was aware of the battery for that either) so I snapped a TON of pictures, BUT it would have been nice to have the whole thing on video since Minnie showed up at the table to "sing" happy birthday with us just as our server lit the last candle. DD5 was soooooooo surprised and it was the PERFECT bday cake moment.

We didn't have time to run back to the room to grab the video camera, so I figured we'd just rely on snapshots with the DSLR. That all worked well until about 10:15a when my DSLR battery died. :cry: In this time, I missed pictures of the Sunshine Seasons staff going wild over the bday girl (serenaded her with a variety of instruments), both girls in Bruce's head over by Nemo, DD5 gushing about her first "flight" on Soarin', DD5 finally getting to ride Maelstrom, DD3 meeting Mulan while she slept, and lunch at Le Cellier.

DH had suggested I buy a disposable camera, and I guess maybe I should have done it, but it's so hard to limit yourself to 24 photos when I often take hundreds per day.

So, I regret not having and properly charging my cameras on probably the biggest day of our most recent WDW trip.

britdaw

I really regret not staying to see the Electrical Parade with my girls this year. I hope it's still there when we go back 'cause I think they would love it.
I also really regret not riding more rides in general on our trip. :\

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom