Regional Themeparks Survived the pandemic

seascape

Original Poster
Now that we will all be able to receive our Covid19 vaccinations before summer it looks like all 3 major regional themepark companies have survived. However, it looks like Seaworld had the best returns because their marketcap is $3.95 billion just $10 million less that Six Flags $3.96 billion. Further pulling up the rear is Cedar Fair at $2.82 billion. Just think at the depth of the pandemic all 3 were worth just over $1 billion and now thay are worth over $10 billion.

macefamily

I know it's on a much lower scale, but the central PA themepark, Knoebel's Grove, which was shut down all of last season is virtually interviewing candidates online with an opening date of 4/24. Knoebel's is the largest free admission amusement park in the United States with two nationally ranked roller coasters; both of which are wooden roller coasters. That part of PA was economically strapped with last year's closure because Knoebel's employs hundreds of people and they have a campground that is sold out from May until October. Several local businesses that enjoy the fruits of Knoebel's patrons have shut down. I hope they can re-open.

seascape

Original Poster
I know it's on a much lower scale, but the central PA themepark, Knoebel's Grove, which was shut down all of last season is virtually interviewing candidates online with an opening date of 4/24. Knoebel's is the largest free admission amusement park in the United States with two nationally ranked roller coasters; both of which are wooden roller coasters. That part of PA was economically strapped with last year's closure because Knoebel's employs hundreds of people and they have a campground that is sold out from May until October. Several local businesses that enjoy the fruits of Knoebel's patrons have shut down. I hope they can re-open.
We visited Knoebel's two years ago and found it a very enjoyable park. The park is clean and reasonably priced. The food was tasty and quality good at affordable prices. Even the sitdown restaurant, the Alamo, had great service. Too bad there are not more parks like Knoebel's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom