Regarding the 'pixie dust' for honeymooners

$crooge McDuck

Original Poster
I've read a lot here and elsewhere about honeymooners/anniversary celebrations/etc getting extra treatment and bonuses by wearing the buttons, the bride & groom Mickey ears, and all of that. My question is this:

Is it better (though I'm not sure that's the right word) to ask for upgrades and other things as part of the celebration, or should we just wear the stuff and let the pixie dust fall as it may? We've marked the resort reservation and all of our dining ADRs as a honeymoon celebration already, and the person who helped me book did put in a request for a king bed in our room.

The extra stuff seems very neat (and I'm sure my fiance will love all of it) but I don't want to feel like I'm out begging for freebies everywhere I go, either. What do you suggest?

Second question: Do you get a lot of attention with the buttons/ears in the parks? I'm not sure if I want to be the center of attention in every line - I'd probably start making up crazier and crazier stories about how we met to keep sane!

DrummerAlly

I've been wondering the same thing myself for our honeymoon in July. I'm with you, I'd like some pixie dust but I don't want to drown in congratulations either.

PoohBear119

I think it best to not ask for upgrades. DH and I honeymooned in Disney 4 years ago and the buttons were enough to get those happy little perks. I wore bridecears some days, but I found the buttons enough. We got free fastpasses once, champagne and dessert. A lot of congrats from cast members was really the big thing, but it wasn't over the top. Being able to enjoy your stay there is the most important thing.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Free upgrades at the resorts are only given out due to operational needs of the resort. If you ask for an upgrade at a resort you will be charged for it in order to get it. The best way NOT to get a free upgrade is to ask for one. The best advice I can give is be polite and engage in conversation with the CM checking you in and hope for the best.

You will get some attention with the buttons and the ears but it will not be too over the top. The wife and I had quite a bit of fun with is. About the most involved that I have ever seen it get is the Dapper Dan's singing to you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom