Regal Sun Resort?

L2DAVI

Original Poster
Has anyone stayed at the Regal Sun Resort in Orlando? I would love any feed back on this resort. :wave:

What is the menu like at the resort like?

Transportation?

Do they have pick up and drop off at the airport?

Thanks for your help.

fireworkz

Don't know much about the hotel - but I looked up the site and can give you some advice on the Transportation end of it. They mention "scheduled shuttles" to the parks, theme parks etc. this often means a bus comes by in the morning a few times, once a hour or so, then much later in the day does some return trips (with nothing in between). On the other hand some hotels do offer a better schedule running shuttles every hour or so. The only way to know for sure is to contact the hotel. It doesn't appear they offer anything for the airport. You may have to rent or look at a Meers shuttle for that.

As another option for transportation, that hotel is one of the closest to DTD Marketplace and is practically across the street from the Downtown Disney bus stop for WDW buses. So using WDW transportation is an option, but be warned last time I checked there are no direct routes from DTD to the parks. You can ride to a resort that's near the park you want and then transfer to a bus/monorail/ferry which gets you to the parks, but I've heard transferring from bus to bus can be a pain scheduling wise.

Number_6

I haven't stayed there since it became the Regal Sun Resort, but I stayed at its two previous incarnations, The Dutch Inn and The Grosvenor. I only ever had a problem once in about 15 stays there and it had more to do with my flight being delayed 5 hours than anything the hotel did wrong. Transportation to the hotel from the airport is your choice of rental car, cab, limo or Mears shuttle. Once you're there, you'll have use of the normal WDW Buses, just be aware that your bus will have stopped at the other DTD hotels first before getting to yours. Make sure that in the morning you leave relatively early so that the bus won't be as crowded, otherwise you may be standing on the ride to the parks. Regal Sun is the last or second to last stop for the DTD buses. This also means when you leave the parks, it will be you getting off of the bus last. The rooms, if they haven't changed much, are your standard hotel room. Nothing really special about them, but if you don't mind heights, I recommend springing for a tower room with a view of DTD. Makes it so you can see the fireworks at Epcot from your room in case you don't feel like fighting crowds that night. The breakfast is a buffet with your typical selections along with one or two special items that they'll switch around each morning. A couple of mornings each week, they have Pluto and Goofy come around to the tables at breakfast as well, which is a slightly cheaper alternative to a full on character breakfast at the Parks. And it's nice to be able to walk to DTD in the evenings if you feel like taking a break from the Parks at night. Overall, I've liked staying there, but again, haven't stayed there since it became Regal Sun, so your experience may vary on the service at the hotel, but everything else should still be the same.

As for the buses, I seem to recall them being every 30 minutes throughout the day.

nanna

Don't know much about the hotel - but I looked up the site and can give you some advice on the Transportation end of it. They mention "scheduled shuttles" to the parks, theme parks etc. this often means a bus comes by in the morning a few times, once a hour or so, then much later in the day does some return trips (with nothing in between). On the other hand some hotels do offer a better schedule running shuttles every hour or so.

They actually come every 20 minutes or so from before park opening until after park close!

Number_6

They actually come every 20 minutes or so from before park opening until after park close!

I knew I remembered it being either 20 or 30 minutes. I think the Animal Kingdom ones may have been 30 and everything else was 20, though. It seems like AK has less busing being on the other end of the property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom