News Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue replacing Liberty Inn

John park hopper

One recipe for NC BBQ sauce
  1. Combine the white vinegar, cider vinegar, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper in a jar or bottle with a tight-fitting lid. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 days before using so that the flavors will blend. Shake occasionally, and store for up to 2 months in the refrigerator------------------------ Not saying this is bad every region has their own take on BBQ sauce it's pretty much what you grew you up with

awoogala

Honestly, with all the keto/low carbers (also people who are just trying to not eat sugar) out there, who would love BBQ (with some sauce).. It would be awesome if BBQ places started adding one low carb/no sugar/sweetened with erythritol/stevia etc. to their menus. I know no one has to, but it would be a smart addition.
I mean smoked BBQ with a side of veggies is a perfect dish for them.

BBQ sauce arguments aside, I for one am thrilled with the addition of this restaurant. Epcot needed a stronger quick service offering. And the fact that it is in America is great. As a french fry aficionado, I am beyond thrilled to see seasoned french fries! Disney continues to offer nothing more than bland potato sticks as their french fry of choice most places, so this is thrilling indeed. I can't wait to try it out when I go in March.

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
It will be interesting to see how well they designed these smokers. With the volume of food they are going to put out they will need to be in use constantly. With Florida winds there could easily be a nice smokey haze and odor in the area if they did not bent out high enough. I love bbq. I hate smelling like bbq the remainder of the day after I have been around where it is cooked.

Depending on budget and what they had in mind while developing recipes I suspect they are using Southern Pride, Ole Hickory, or Oyler pits. Unless there is insane demand they shouldn’t have a problem. Quality BBQ doesn’t have to be cooked at 250 or lower. If they have chosen to wrap during the cook there is no reason for the meat to finish cooking in the pit, since it won’t be taking on any additional smoke flavor at that point. They have a lot of options.

Being open 365 days a year their biggest issue is going to be cleaning and maintenance on the pits, but that shouldn’t be much of a problem, especially if they have excess capacity elsewhere.

Captain Barbossa

I'm from the low country SC and mustered based BBQ is king-- not a big fan of vinegar BBQ --Dukes and Bessingers are my go to for BBQ
Thought about you a few weeks ago. Was eating at a Maurice’s (Bessinger) BBQ. Good brisket sandwich.

There’s like 50 Dukes BBQ here in SC, and non of them are related. :hilarious: My favorite Dukes, which happens to be one of my favorite BBQ joints in the entire state, is the one on Chestnut Street in Orangeburg. In fact, that’s where I’ll be heading for dinner. :hungry:

Captain Barbossa

Not trying to get off-topic, but I figured that I’d show anyone who might be interested what @John park hopper and I keep talking about.

Tonight’s dinner
3602C1D4-AC0F-4803-B38A-9A6CE64DC6D1.jpeg

Traditional SC BBQ

Standard fare. Pulled pork with mustard based sauce, hash served over white rice, coleslaw, and some type of bread. (You’ll find this at any traditional SC BBQ joint or church BBQ)

This is what we’re known for here in SC, not smoked sausage. Not really sure why marketing named the smoked sausage sandwich after us. Guess they didn’t do their research, not that I expected them to.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Not trying to get off-topic, but I figured that I’d show anyone who might be interested what @John park hopper and I keep talking about.

Tonight’s dinner
View attachment 451276
Traditional SC BBQ

Standard fare. Pulled pork with mustard based sauce, hash served over white rice, coleslaw, and some type of bread. (You’ll find this at any traditional SC BBQ joint or church BBQ)

This is what we’re known for here in SC, not smoked sausage. Not really sure why marketing named the smoked sausage sandwich after us. Guess they didn’t do their research, not that I expected them to.
YES!! THAT is the sauce I need! Love that place. We go there every time we tour schools in that area. That specific Duke's is probably one of the best.

**I actually took my girlfriend there on the way to Florida during our last Disney trip.

nerdboyrockstar

Tonight’s dinner
View attachment 451276
Traditional SC BBQ

Hash over white rice? Please explain. Hash of what?

JayKZ

Tonight’s dinner
View attachment 451276
Traditional SC BBQ

Curiously, I discovered by chance several years ago that SC mustard sauce (I like Maurice's or Melvin's) is absolutely amazing on grilled Italian sausages. As a Michigander who grew up in Memphis, with deep SC roots, I can enjoy and appreciate well prepared 'cue in a wide variety of styles. I'm looking forward to giving Regal Eagle a try on our next visit.

Captain Barbossa

YES!! THAT is the sauce I need! Love that place. We go there every time we tour schools in that area. That specific Duke's is probably one of the best.

**I actually took my girlfriend there on the way to Florida during our last Disney trip.
I absolutely agree! Dukes on Chestnut is the best! And their sauce is unlike any other mustard based that I’ve ever had. I can’t exactly pin point it, but it’s different.

Hash over white rice? Please explain. Hash of what?
Not the type of hash you’re probably thinking about. ;) :hilarious:

SC BBQ hash is hard to explain as every BBQ place will have slightly different take on what goes in it.
Very true. While it’s pretty much the same, it can also be very different. As long as it’s not the kind with green tomatoes in it, (a couple places do that) I like it all.

disney4life2008

Quick observations. Enjoy the towels on the table for now because they wont last 6 months from now. The generic style will replace.

Did I see an open soda machine? In world showcase? Risqué. Is it hidden meaning only those who purchased food can use or it is out in the open?

And unfortunately, these big portion and a quarter of the offerings will be eliminated in 6 months. And prices will go up. History tells.

Alas, the food looks really good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom