News Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue replacing Liberty Inn

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
They replaced it with three new fountains!!

View attachment 450205

View attachment 450206
And a new "water feature":
20200219_132839.jpg

CJR

Lets be fair...It looks fantastic, but it doesn't take much to top colonial McDonalds.

To be fair, Disney turned it into that, but it wasn't always that way. Liberty Inn used to be one of the better quick service locations before it switched its menu (more than once too).

I'd argue though that this is still better than Liberty Inn, even at its peak. I love BBQ though, so I might be biased.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
To be fair, Disney turned it into that, but it wasn't always that way. Liberty Inn used to be one of the better quick service locations before it switched its menu (more than once too).

I'd argue though that this is still better than Liberty Inn, even at its peak. I love BBQ though, so I might be biased.
Will be interesting to see if they retain the bbq heavy menu or if burgers, hot dogs and chicken nuggets creep back in.

I also dont see the paper towels on the tables lasting either.

DonaldDoleWhip

This looks like a solid upgrade and great concept - I hope everyone enjoys. That said, is anyone else disappointed with the menu?

I skew toward a low-carb way of eating (even on vacation now), and a BBQ spot should be right up my alley—but not when everything is laden with sweet sauces, dried fruit (on the salad), and starchy sides.

I know that's how many regions prefer it, but would it have been difficult to offer Texas-style brisket à la carte, some green beans, chicken that isn't sweet, or a salad that isn't sugary?

Not trying to be unreasonable, but low-carb/ketogenic lifestyles have become much more common lately, and I'm surprised a meat-focused venue opening in 2020 could completely miss that.

Disney Analyst

What Disney does not appear to get is that Sam Eagle is a satirical parody of a over-zealous patriotic american. It is akin to having the "Swedish Chef" host a restaurant in a hypothetical Sweden pavilion.The intent of "World Showcase" was supposed to be authenticity.

Just in case you missed what's been going on the last few years, and I mean this sincerely and without malice... The original intent of "World Showcase" is dead.

Mourn, grieve, do what you need. But the parks moved into a new era/direction and we either have to accept it or not attend the park and show them how we feel with our dollars.

I personally don't mind the bending of real with fiction.

HMF

Just in case you missed what's been going on the last few years, and I mean this sincerely and without malice... The original intent of "World Showcase" is dead.

Mourn, grieve, do what you need. But the parks moved into a new era/direction and we either have to accept it or not attend the park and show them how we feel with our dollars.
I have accepted it and I am mourning it and I think the relative rarity of my posts these days reflects that, I even wrote what I consider an obituary for Epcot.

DC0703

I like what they did with this place. Much more fitting for the pavilion - the wooden tables, brick walls, patriotic streamers - I think it has good character. It reminds me of a fourth of July barbecue.

Food also looks like a big upgrade over the standard burgers and chicken nuggets

Magic Feather

What Disney does not appear to get is that Sam Eagle is a satirical parody of a over-zealous patriotic american. It is akin to having the "Swedish Chef" host a restaurant in a hypothetical Sweden pavilion.The intent of "World Showcase" was supposed to be authenticity.
Just to clarify (because I often have seen the words confused), Sam Eagle is a portrayal of American Jingoism (which doesn't necessarily help his case for being in the restaurant), not patriotism.

HMF

Just to clarify (because I often have seen the words confused), Sam Eagle is a portrayal of American Jingoism (which doesn't necessarily help his case for being in the restaurant), not patriotism.
Thanks for the clarification. That is indeed what I meant to say.

Epcot82Guy

I think that's the part that feels jarring (and a bit the same for Frozen Ever After). These insertions don't even feel true to the characters. It's a very superficial use that sort of missed the mark on who the characters are. But, I know the masses will love it... Mourn Epcot dead... Yadda... Yadda...

Except for that perceived shoe horn, I think it's a great add, and BBQ is a great idea for this space - which I've thought since they first introduced it at Flower and Garden years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom