News Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue replacing Liberty Inn

Josh Hendy

I suppose they're trying to hit the right note between classy Epcot and down-home BBQ picnic style. But FL is hot and sun exposure is a serious issue. They can't install fans and blow napkins all over so I would hope they either make the umbrellas work really well (large, adjustable) or design some kind of awnings that are architecturally... harmonioUSA (sorry)

DisAl

Out of all the offensive IP intrusions, this seems like the more boring and benign of them...I cant really get fired up over Sam Eagle in a BBQ restaurant. If anything, it actually fits the character, the inside joke is fine and its better than the old fast food place. Its not like they took down American Adventure to put in a Muppet sing a long.
Maybe they hope the eagle will keep the other birds away? I wish they had something to repel the birds from the outside dining areas; at Flame Tree if you turn your back on your plate for longer than 5 seconds it may be gone.

kevlightyear

Maybe they flipped it because that is the way it is actually docked; port side of the ship to the dock.
I assume that's the case. There were a few other small changes in the new map that increased the...accuracy. I wonder how long the ship has been docked port side to dock, because the map has shown it the other way for years.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Opening date for this will be February 17 (Monday).

So, Kenny doesn't mention his source and there is no official source or any other blog picking up on a Feb 17 opening for Regal. Not saying it won't happen. Just won't be surprised if it doesn't.

Also, a previous article by Kenny has his site figuring out it will open Feb 9.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
So, Kenny doesn't mention his source and there is no official source or any other blog picking up on a Feb 17 opening for Regal. Not saying it won't happen. Just won't be surprised if it doesn't.

Also, a previous article by Kenny has his site figuring out it will open Feb 9.
I just looked around the webs, and couldn't find any confirmation about this yet. Guess we'll find out on Monday.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Opening date for this will be February 17 (Monday).

It's opening Feb 9!

It's opening Feb 15!

And this is why Kenny almost never gets linked here. It's been a really long time since he had a scoop on anything. Any advance knowledge his group has is the stuff that Disney sends to all Travel Agents, which means it is quickly common knowledge in the blogosphere.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's opening Feb 9!

It's opening Feb 15?

And this is why Kenny almost never gets linked here. It's been a really long time since he had a scoop on anything. Any advance knowledge his group has is the stuff that Disney sends to all Travel Agents, which means it is quickly common knowledge in the blogosphere.
I keep saying it, but Regal, Space and Taste Track are not on a blogger schedule and are going to open when they are done. People keep throwing out dates that just aren’t accurate. It is getting rather ridiculous, and I hope people are starting to realize they are being click baited in many cases.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I keep saying it, but Regal, Space and Taste Track are not on a blogger schedule and are going to open when they are done. People keep throwing out dates that just aren’t accurate. It is getting rather ridiculous, and I hope people are starting to realize they are being click baited in many cases.

I tracked down why the bloggers were using Feb 17 for Regal and Taste... the new park map.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

They are literally destroying the core of Epcot yards away, but these social media morons are loosing their collective minds and only care about a generic BBQ QS with beer and greasy tasteless burgers sold from a kiosk.

dvitali

Does it not take several hours to heat up the smoker to the right temperature and several more hours to cook the meat? To me that the fist sign of immediate opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom