News Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue replacing Liberty Inn

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Notice the slight variation in prices? And when meat is involved in the side there is a large change in price. I'm just saying that even for Disney it's a bit crazy to expect one to believe garlic toast is the same value as burnt end baked beans or mac & cheese.
DDP snack credit my friend. It’s gotta look like a value. Unless you can’t use a snack credit for it. In that case, shut up Dan.

Jon81uk

Notice the slight variation in prices? And when meat is involved in the side there is a large change in price. I'm just saying that even for Disney it's a bit crazy to expect one to believe garlic toast is the same value as burnt end baked beans or mac & cheese.

Its also possible that these prices are just place-holders and once it opens the menu is updated with the correct pricing?

I do agree that a fixed price is a bit strange as different items should cost more, but in places where the majority of sides are ordered as part of a combo it is not uncommon.
For example here is a UK restaurant chain (Nando's) menu, where all sides are the same price, but I expect that the cost of ingrediants varies a lot between broccoli and fries (chips)
sides.png

Dizknee_Phreek

Anyone heard anything about what the interior is supposed to look like? Or is Disney just figuring that out on the fly since they've thrown Sam Eagle into the mix? I keep hoping for a Colonial tavern feel. But my guess is they're going to go with the "pretty, but bland" motif they use on everything else these days.

BigThunderMatt

It is pretty weird, how random the distribution of beer is...

You can get Tampa Bay Brewing at the CBR, but nowhere else (that ive seen), California Grill is almost exclusively Cali brands (not unexpected, but the selection is really weird), I found Lakefront (Milwaukee) at the Grand Flo and Revolution (Chicago) at the Springs.

Its a really weird craft mix that seems like somebody, somewhere has freedom, because there are beers that are only at single locations, seemingly at random.

This may not be the reason, but in some situations individual dining locations are operated by third parties in whole or in part (outside of the obvious stuff in Disney Springs). It may be a situation where the majority of the dining locations at a resort are operated by Disney but 1 or 2 are outside vendors who are only required to maintain quality standards but are free to stock product however they wish. Alternatively there are resorts like Coronado Springs where food service is completely third-party vendor and therefore you could see a lot of variation in offerings compared to other places on-property.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Anyone heard anything about what the interior is supposed to look like? Or is Disney just figuring that out on the fly since they've thrown Sam Eagle into the mix? I keep hoping for a Colonial tavern feel. But my guess is they're going to go with the "pretty, but bland" motif they use on everything else these days.

I'm envisioning the current Disney standard - A bland, industrial, school cafeteria-ish look. Sadly. :(

Disneyhead'71

I'm an unsophisticated heathen.

There is not a style of BBQ I don't like. All 4 styles of Texas BBQ, Memphis dry rub. NC vinegar or mustard based, Kentuckey Bourbon and Brown Sugar, even Caribbean/Jamacian with the cinnamon and lime.

I also love all kinds of Pizza. NY Style, Chicago Stuffed, Neapolitan, and Artisan. My favorite pizza place is actually in Fayetteville, WV. It's artisan style.

So obviously this place will be fine for me.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

There is not a style of BBQ I don't like. All 4 styles of Texas BBQ, Memphis dry rub. NC vinegar or mustard based, Kentuckey Bourbon and Brown Sugar, even Caribbean/Jamacian with the cinnamon and lime.

I love all kinds of Pizza. NY Style, Chicago Stuffed, Neapolitan, and Artisan. My favorite pizza place is actually in Fayetteville, WV. It's artisan style.

I'm looking forward to sampling their offerings, so I hope this is open before March 1. :)

Captain Barbossa

Pulled pork is a standard here in SC, but I don’t mind chopped, so I’m ok with it. Honestly, there are quite a few BBQ houses around here that serve “pulled” pork, but it’s actually chopped.

The Empress Lilly

I also love all kinds of Pizza. NY Style, Chicago Stuffed, Neapolitan, and Artisan. My favorite pizza place is actually in Fayetteville, WV. It's artisan style.

You're still a refined culinary expert compared to me.

BBQ to my Neanderthal self means that you charcoal bits of corpse somewhere long enough that you no longer die from it and shorter than where it's turned into charcoal itself.

tirian

It’s also a big enough franchise 50 years later that it was the finale of the daytime parade in Disneyland and has been featured in 2 of the past few fireworks shows at Disneyland. So even though returns didn’t reach expectations, the franchise as a whole is still extremely popular.

I wish they had just done a movie version of the musical with Laura Michelle Kelly and Gavin Lee. :)
It’s dangerous to use in-park entertainment as examples; after all, the MSEP once included a unit for “Return to Oz.” ;)

Also, YES to the Broadway cast!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom