News Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue replacing Liberty Inn

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Can I just say, I may be a Yankee, but I love all BBQ so long as it’s good, no style preference, I love them all from Austin to Kansas City to the tidewater.

(That said Ill likely never eat here because between the TS places, festival booths and Les Halles I have plenty places to eat in Epcot.)
Same here, love BBQ and I'm not even an American.

ninjaprincesst

Let me put another bullet in the chamber.....If it ain’t pulled pork, then it ain’t real BBQ!
No PORK is in no way shape or form barbeque. Pork is so nasty as is sweet barbeque sauce. I checked just to see pulled up the menus of over 20 classic local barbeque places no pulled pork, we eat brisket and chopped beef! Oh well another place I will never eat at because some moron at Disney is obsessed with nasty pulled pork,

Captain Barbossa

No PORK is in no way shape or form barbeque.
Really? Do tell.

I checked just to see pulled up the menus of over 20 classic local barbeque places no pulled pork, we eat brisket and chopped beef!
Well duh, that’s traditional Texas BBQ for ya.

Oh well another place I will never eat at because some moron at Disney is obsessed with nasty pulled pork,
Once again, pork is the #1 BBQ meat in the southeast. WDW is located in Florida, which is in the southeast. BBQ changes from region to region. Do we need to brush up on our geography?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Once again, pork is the #1 BBQ meat in the southeast. WDW is located in Florida, which is in the southeast. BBQ changes from region to region. Do we need to brush up on our geography?
Pulled pork is done in Texas too. Heck, it is even on the menu at one of the top rated BBQ places in the state. Just not as popular as brisket or pork ribs.

DisAl

One thing southerners will always argue about is who has the best BBQ so I won't claim that the BBQ here in LA (Lower Alabama) is the best in the world even if I do believe it to be true.
However it is so good that if you accidentally get some of it on your forehead your tongue will slap your brains out trying to get at it.

MaximumEd

One thing southerners will always argue about is who has the best BBQ so I won't claim that the BBQ here in LA (Lower Alabama) is the best in the world even if I do believe it to be true.
However it is so good that if you accidentally get some of it on your forehead your tongue will slap your brains out trying to get at it.

As a fellow Alabamian, I agree.

peter11435

No PORK is in no way shape or form barbeque. Pork is so nasty as is sweet barbeque sauce. I checked just to see pulled up the menus of over 20 classic local barbeque places no pulled pork, we eat brisket and chopped beef! Oh well another place I will never eat at because some moron at Disney is obsessed with nasty pulled pork,
Which places did you pull up? Every menu I check in your area has pulled pork and pork ribs. Some even had pork chops. I didn’t find a single location without pork.

Tony the Tigger

Way to assume your opinion = the rules.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You're kind of short for a Grill Trooper, aren't you?

Bender123

You're kind of short for a Grill Trooper, aren't you?
View attachment 423061

I love that there is a set of people that have decided "BBQ" is some exclusive thing...

Pork and chicken are great on the smoker and I would never cut those out. Heck...Im from Wisconsin and we do everything from Brisket to venison in the smoker for BBQ. Why limit yourself to just one meat, when you can have all the meat?

ninjaprincesst

I love that there is a set of people that have decided "BBQ" is some exclusive thing...

Pork and chicken are great on the smoker and I would never cut those out. Heck...Im from Wisconsin and we do everything from Brisket to venison in the smoker for BBQ. Why limit yourself to just one meat, when you can have all the meat?
So why does Disney limit it to pork? And just because you pit something in a smoker it is not barbeque. I never said they should limit to just one meat but they have pork, pork, pork and one measly weird beef sandwich. Why can't they have some sliced brisket and chopped brisket instead of pork, pork , pork?

Bender123

So why does Disney limit it to pork? And just because you pit something in a smoker it is not barbeque. I never said they should limit to just one meat but they have pork, pork, pork and one measly weird beef sandwich. Why can't they have some sliced brisket and chopped brisket instead of pork, pork , pork?

Because pork is good, easy to control, cheap and isn't as hurt by sitting. You have to remember that this is, essentially, fast food. Generally, pork would be considered an "easy" BBQ product that will satisfy most people.

Pork doesn't stall, it can sit for hours and still be just as good (easier for prep work) and is very versatile. If Im doing a large group, its almost always pork, because I can get it done ahead of time and it tastes the same. Beef is much more of a "just in time" product that dries out and gets chewy after a short time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom