News Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue replacing Liberty Inn

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Im so disappointed I was hoping for real barbeque instead the only beef on the menu is a weird sounding sandwich, and tons of stupid pork and dry rubs. We have 5 barbeque places in town and the only pork on any of the menus is sausage. I don't know what Disney's obsession with pork is.
What other type of beef were you looking for besides brisket?

UNCgolf

Im so disappointed I was hoping for real barbeque instead the only beef on the menu is a weird sounding sandwich, and tons of stupid pork and dry rubs. We have 5 barbeque places in town and the only pork on any of the menus is sausage. I don't know what Disney's obsession with pork is.

Pulled pork is the standard meal at a barbecue restaurant (i.e., real barbecue) in large portions of the south (the Carolinas and Georgia for sure).

Personally I avoid pulled pork because I think it only functions as a sauce delivery device -- it's not good enough to eat on its own -- and there are plenty of things I could use for that. Brisket, smoked turkey, and even smoked chicken don't actually need sauce if prepared correctly; the sauce is a crutch for flavor.

Anyways, I think Disney should just let the owners of Polite Pig run this place. Polite Pig is easily the best BBQ on Disney property, and it's very good BBQ in general. There are better places here in Atlanta (Das BBQ, Fox Brothers, Heirloom Market, etc.), but I was very happy with the quality of the two meals I've eaten at Polite Pig.

peter11435

I was very curious what the barbeque places around you actually serve. Looking at the first 5 barbecue restaurants on google, all of the their menus contain multiple variations of pork.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Im so disappointed I was hoping for real barbeque instead the only beef ... I don't know what Disney's obsession with pork is.

Being from Texas , you're myopic when it comes to BBQ. Only wild hogs survive in most of Texas.

There's a word of variety in BBQ. Meats, sauces, woods to use and to me most is delicious.

Captain Barbossa

YES! Boston Butt fresh off the grill (a real hickory fired smoker, not a gas grill with a few wood chips) doesn't need any sauce, just a touch of salt.
Here in coastal SC Pork barbecue is king, pulled pork with a mustard base sauce and SC barbecue hash served over rice. Friends here in town have a whole hog smoker and will cook a split hog smoked for hours and hours can't beat it
Stop. Y’all are both making me hungry!

I do like a good Boston butt, but I have to be in the mood for it, and it has to be cooked the right way.

I’m definitely a mustard base guy through and through, unless we’re talking about ribs. And yes, SC hash and rice is a must.

This is how SC is broken down when it comes to BBQ sauce.
1104979E-940F-4CCE-8832-3363A26CF8EB.png

I’d post a picture of how BBQ (meat) is broken down across the country, but all the maps are different from each other.

John park hopper

Stop. Y’all are both making me hungry!

I do like a good Boston butt, but I have to be in the mood for it, and it has to be cooked the right way.

I’m definitely a mustard base guy through and through, unless we’re talking about ribs. And yes, SC hash and rice is a must.

This is how SC is broken down when it comes to BBQ sauce.
View attachment 422784

I’d post a picture of how BBQ (meat) is broken down across the country, but all the maps are different from each other.
Two well know barbecue joints are Melvins and Besingers (same family) been here since 1939 I'll be heading to Melvins for lunch after my eye doc app

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Right?! The pictures look TERRIBLE.

I had high hopes for this place. Heck, if they just took the BBQ from Flame Tree and brought the exact same stuff over to Epcot, I wouldn't even care, but this looks downright awful.
Well, I'm looking forward to actually trying it before I make up my mind.

It'll be a while, though... I'm waiting for the recession to officially kick in so crowds and prices will drop.

ToTBellHop

I don’t know that I’ve ever seen you happy about anything here.

John park hopper

You can put whatever kind of barbecue sauce on a pig lips but unless it is SC mustard base barbecue sauce it's still just a pig. -----------The opening shot of the barbecue wars has been fired. Posted in jest it's all good

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom