News Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue replacing Liberty Inn

zengoth

My question is what will become the “festival” food for the pavilion when bbq is permanent. One of the best parts of f&w and f&g is seeing how many ways they can serve pork & beef. Not counting the year they had the maple bacon cupcake. 🤤

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Honey, corn syrup, table sugar... they all have nearly identical percentages of sucrose and fructose. Depending on preparation and source they may each have their own 'notes', e.g., honey from clover v. honey from some other flower offered to the busy bees, or, brown sugar v. molasses. But even sanitized and refined table sugar can have 'notes' added in with the other ingredients thrown into the mix. In BBQ sauces, I'm sure the other ingredients that most people add would overwhelm any of the 'notes' from the sweetener.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Everyone arguing who's BBQ is best is funny, it's smoked meat it's nothing special. This is going to be simple to appeal to everyone, smoked meat and a load of sauces with high fructose corn syrup (you guys love that crap). I am not sure why anyone thinks it's going to be amazing when every other Disney run QS restaurant in the park isn't.
I guess the real question is - will it be better than what is there now?

I don’t see how this is not going to be a win in that respect.

Calmdownnow

Are Americans routinely shoving sugar-laden smoked meats into your mouth against your will while visiting the good ol' U S of A?

No, I no longer order anything at Disney that claims to be BBQ having been caught out in the past. I am sure good BBQ exists in the U.S. but the stuff served at WDW is unpalatable in the extreme and I can't see any reason why it would change with the opening of the new smokehouse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom