News Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue replacing Liberty Inn

DCLcruiser

GREAT idea. We do eat at Liberty Inn often, but just bc it never has a line and the menu is simple. We save the exotic WS meal for dinner.

Plenty of great craft breweries in FL to showcase.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It sounds great and all, but will it continue to be quick service? Because I dont recall very many air conditioned general quick service places in Epcot outside of this location and Electric Umbrella.

DCLcruiser

It sounds great and all, but will it continue to be quick service? Because I dont recall very many air conditioned general quick service places in Epcot outside of this location and Electric Umbrella.
The PR says Fast Casual (a sub category of Quick Service). For reference, ABC Commissary is Fast Casual, where you go up, get your food, but there is a place to sit.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hold on...roll that back.

The plan was originally - as told in project future - to open showcase in October 83 due to cost overuns and construction lag...

But the construction manager - wisely reading the situation - feared the cut of funds and loss of builds, put on a 24 a day press to get it down. With notable exceptions

Rookie mistake on my part
Um...

DCLcruiser

This needs to happen... Regal Eagle

scan0005b.jpg

Credit: https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=730479

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Because ‘Mericans drink turpentine and gasoline in a can...doesn’t mean we all have to suffer the disgrace of it

Agree...KC bbq is the way to go...

Just not that awful vinegar coastal crap. There’s a reason why I go 95 on 95 and didn’t stop for potty breaks in the “low country”

I’m not sure chicken fingers and terrible Aramark/Sysco hamburgers ever captured the “spirit of 76”

Vinegar is not “coastal” or “low country” bbq.

Vinegar is primarily associated with NC and North Georgia
Mustard is primarily associated with SC
Tomato base is primarily associated with other southern states, including South GA.

BBQ in the low country tends to be Mustard or Tomato based.

DCLcruiser

Vinegar is not “coastal” or “low country” bbq.

Vinegar is primarily associated with NC and North Georgia
Mustard is primarily associated with SC
Tomato base is primarily associated with other southern states, including South GA.

BBQ in the low country tends to be Mustard or Tomato based.
I'd like to take a BBQ Flight Across America...Carolina vinegar pulled pork, Memphis dry-rubbed ribs, KC tomato/molasses brisket, etc. OMG think of a great basket of fries with a medley of BBQ sauces from all over the country. 🤤

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom