News Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue replacing Liberty Inn

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hold on...roll that back.

The plan was originally - as told in project future - to open showcase in October 83 due to cost overuns and construction lag...

But the construction manager - wisely reading the situation - feared the cut of funds and loss of builds, put on a 24 a day press to get it down. With notable exceptions

Rookie mistake on my part

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Love the concept. Hate the name. Not for nothing, but "regal" is the literal opposite of the point made in the attraction. Does nobody at WDI think these things through?
I noticed that...
I think that will get a rewrite.

Probably “shutters wonder bibbidi bobbity trattoria” or something more acceptable 😉

mbtohill

I love this idea.....only downside for us personally is it won't be open when we go in August. I did like that the Liberty Inn was almost always empty, it was a great place to go after picking up Fish & Chips or a Bratwurt or some sushi and sit and have lunch. Looking forward to BBQ and craft beer!!

britain

Love the concept. Hate the name. Not for nothing, but "regal" is the literal opposite of the point made in the attraction. Does nobody at WDI think these things through?

Ha! That's true, but I can imagine some sort of "Here in America, we have no kings. The only thing kingly here is the eagle!"

But, on its own, it is unintentionally quite funny.

Truk777

I actually didn't hate the Liberty Inn. I've been there a couple of times when my parents traveled with us. I knew they would like the food and found it to be rather good. I typically want to be a little more adventurous with my choices, but it served its purpose. I think this new restaurant will fill the same bill, just better.

kevlightyear

The Liberty Inn does hold an object my dad hid in 2006 on a family trip. We check for it every single year. The object is still there, as of June 2019.

It was 35 cents...in case cells weren’t working and we needed to make a call for help. How funny. But it’s still there, and I don’t think it will survive the refurb :)
This is kind of amazing to me. That's a long time for a hidden 'object' to remain. Have you stumbled upon a new sport?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There is nothing more American than domestic trash beer you know. Not many people sit outside tending their Brisket on the smoker drinking a Jai Alai IPA.
Because ‘Mericans drink turpentine and gasoline in a can...doesn’t mean we all have to suffer the disgrace of it
Liberty Inn was a fantastic oasis after walking to the back of the park.
RIP Liberty Inn.

The Barbecue concept could be an upgrade. The smokehouse atmosphere will defiantly hamper that cool AC that Liberty Inn used to provide. That makes it a bit more oppressive.

Real talk here. What kind of barbecue? Because Memphis, Carolina and St Louis are all crap compared to Kansas City barbecue.
Agree...KC bbq is the way to go...

Just not that awful vinegar coastal crap. There’s a reason why I go 95 on 95 and didn’t stop for potty breaks in the “low country”
The change in food and drink sounds good but it sounds like they are going to overhaul it into some modern concept which will be totally out of the theme of the pavillion. I guess that isn't so important now so we will end up with a cross between Flame BBQ and Baseline Taphouse, maybe they can throw in an animatronic Abe saying how much he loves those sweet smokey hickary freedom ribs available in a combo for $25 and that this is exactly what the founders dreamed of.

I’m not sure chicken fingers and terrible Aramark/Sysco hamburgers ever captured the “spirit of 76”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I actually didn't hate the Liberty Inn. I've been there a couple of times when my parents traveled with us. I knew they would like the food and found it to be rather good. I typically want to be a little more adventurous with my choices, but it served its purpose. I think this new restaurant will fill the same bill, just better.
If you don’t eat more adventurous than that...you would be the “anti-Indiana Jones”...like his accountant with chronic shingles

Last edited:

Missing20K

It's a mouthful. Methinks someone was having fun with rhymes. Unfortunately very much de rigueur on the quality of naming resorts, restaurants, and attractions. Looking at you "Three Bridges Bar and Grill at Villa Del Lago" and you "Topolino's Terrace - Flavors of the Riviera" and you "Reflections - A Lakeside Disney Lodge". WDI seems to enjoy the hyphenated nomenclature. But fret not, as they are also big fans of the "Name : More Descriptive Name" variation. "Star Wars : Galaxy's Edge", "Millenium Falcon : Smugglers Run", "Star Wars : Rise of the Resistance", and let's not forget "For the First Time in Forever : A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration", among others.

But my personal favorite, "Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission : Breakout" utilizes both naming conventions. That person was almost certainly promoted immediately after presenting their proposed re-imagined name for the refurb.

I'm of the opinion that DIS does not hold their guests' intelligence in high regard. Otherwise, why do so many names of attractions, dining, resorts, et al, consist of word salads of descriptors? Are DIS guests so dumb that they need to be told they are about to queue for a Star Wars attraction while in Star Wars land? Cause DIS seems to think so.

EDIT: I love BBQ, it's about as American as food can get. I think this is a huge upgrade to the current Liberty Inn. But will it serve a different type of BBQ than the Woody's Roundup BBQ? I certainly hope so.

twilight mitsuk

Good idea for EPCOT. Each world showcase has some sort of featured dining appropriate to the country except the good ole USA. Bugers, nuggets and such just don't count. I like the addition of some craft beer there too.
That stuff should only be served in future world

Tony the Tigger

That’s an upgrade and a good move for sure.

Seems to be the type of menu they’ve been leaning towards at recent festivals in that area. It must have tested well!

I’d eat there, and I can’t remember the last time that has happened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom