Refurbs during resort closure - thoughts?

Mrs Potato Head

Original Poster
I have a trip planned to Boardwalk Inn at the end of July. Wondering what everyone is thinking about Disney freshening up the rooms of resorts that have been closed due to Covid? I know Boardwalk will only be reopenning early July. Would love an updated room (even if it's just paint and new linens). I haven't seen anything online. We have never stayed at the Inn side only the Boardwalk villas.

nickys

Premium Member
I have a trip planned to Boardwalk Inn at the end of July. Wondering what everyone is thinking about Disney freshening up the rooms of resorts that have been closed due to Covid? I know Boardwalk will only be reopenning early July. Would love an updated room (even if it's just paint and new linens). I haven't seen anything online. We have never stayed at the Inn side only the Boardwalk villas.
I don’t think the Boardwalk is getting anything now.

The WL rooms have been done, and the Poly is underway. These things are scheduled in advance and we would have heard of they were going to be doing a refurb at the Boardwalk.

wdwfan22

I’m pretty sure it’s just wilderness lodge Polynesian and contemporary for current room refurbs. I believe Grand Floridian has one coming up as well.

Mrs Potato Head

Original Poster
I understand that planned renovations are announced well ahead of time and require permits. I was thinking more of updates that don't require permits. For example if an entire hotel was closed for a full year that to me would be the perfect time to do small touches like painting walls or changing out wall decor. I'm thinking more opportunistic updates not a full gutting of the rooms.

nickys

Premium Member
I understand that planned renovations are announced well ahead of time and require permits. I was thinking more of updates that don't require permits. For example if an entire hotel was closed for a full year that to me would be the perfect time to do small touches like painting walls or changing out wall decor. I'm thinking more opportunistic updates not a full gutting of the rooms.
Disney doesn’t work like that. The resorts are refurbed on a schedule, every x no.of years and are announced ahead of time. Occasionally that time frame might change but the order in which the resorts are done is maintained. So there are other resorts that would be ahead of BWI in the rota.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom