News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

JustInTime

The Sam’s hour signage was ripped from the wall today. Kinda makes me worry...
23EA8AB1-278C-4444-B866-7973E7551609.jpeg

EDIT: second sign also now removed. Hopefully it’s just an update and all is well. Maybe they were getting lots of questions?

36C46A0A-6153-474B-90DC-8F4F1B4E3113.jpeg

Last edited:

Parker in NYC

The Sam’s hour signage was ripped from the wall today. Kinda makes me worry...View attachment 557826

EDIT: second sign also now removed. Hopefully it’s just an update and all is well. Maybe they were getting lots of questions?

View attachment 557827
I don't see how after nearly a year, people would suddenly have questions about whether the place was open.

My heart can't take this.

Weather_Lady

Here's a photo from "Tikiman's Unofficial Polynesian Resort Pages" Facebook page today. The picture doesn't focus on it, but if you look at the far right, it appears that corrugated metal roofing has been freshly installed over the trusses on the elevated bridge/walkway from the station to the GCH. Whether this will eventually be painted, covered with thatch, or given some other treatment, remains to be seen. This area isn't visible in the concept art, so it's a mystery.

188142169_4591950367516268_7761061502673999193_n.jpg

EDIT: From the Mickeyblog, here's a better angle, taken from the monorail. I suspect this is the permanent roofing material, and that they'll paint it the same terra cotta-ish color as the longhouse roofs (like the one visible in the distance at the right-hand side of the photo below).
Platform-6-scaled.jpg

Last edited:

Mr. Moderate

Great pictures and thank you for posting them. I like seeing new construction updates and find it kind of fascinating. Looking forward to seeing how this looks when it's done and open to the public. The Polynesian was the base for many of my family vacations back in the day and many memories were made there. Too expensive for my budget now, but still love the history and theming of it.

TikibirdLand

Great pictures and thank you for posting them. I like seeing new construction updates and find it kind of fascinating. Looking forward to seeing how this looks when it's done and open to the public. The Polynesian was the base for many of my family vacations back in the day and many memories were made there. Too expensive for my budget now, but still love the history and theming of it.
Us too. It's by far our favorite resort at WDW. Not sure what I think about the re-theming and this construction. I'll wait and see. I certainly didn't like them ripping out the water feature in the lobby area. But, at least I have photos and lots of memories of my babies around the waterfall and chasing the ducks just outside the Great Ceremonial House.

MrPromey

They want to rebrand Sam, not erase him. There will be new merch.

Usually that kind of thing means the old stock goes to their outlet stores so they can still make money on the outdated merch. Them destroying it (if true) means they're quickly trying to erase the old from everyone's mind - something they never seem to care much about when it's a normal update/change.

Also saying some of them were copyright infringement issues too.

If true, that would make sense for why it was handled this way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom