News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

castlecake2.0

That trees has been missing for a couple weeks now. Based on the size of it I’m assuming it was becoming a hazard with either the roots destroying something or too big/tall to have so close to the building. The trunk/stump structure that was left over was MASSIVE probably 4-6’ wide

JoeCamel

FWIW, another site (MickeyBlog, if it's allowed) reported that they asked a CM about the construction walls by the Pineapple Lanai. The CM said the workers were replacing the grease traps for the restaurants, which are buried in that location.
Ohhhh, stinky. Any guests near that will find out what pui pui means

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Looks like just some massive root removal for something that was left alone for far too long. Any piping or pits would have been compromised by this strangling horror.

Attachments

• 20210421_191024_HDR.jpg
    20210421_191024_HDR.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 225

mm52200

Yeah even so, just having another entrance they have to secure and turn lanes form that road.
There’s already a temporary entrance on that road and it’s fine. This is just more likely permanent with a gate and ID scanner which the current entrance is lacking.

Bocabear

Banyan and strangler fig trees create a real problem... Best they got it out of there... Hopefully they will replace it with lots of non-invasive foliage and make it beautiful...and not turn it into an "event lawn" like they did with the bubbling springs and stream...

wedenterprises

I'm liking everything I'm seeing from the Poly these days. I really don't mind the Moana stuff either. Also can we just appreciate the artwork these resorts are getting lately? Lovely stuff.

I winced when I heard that the tree was being removed but it actually looks awesome without it too. Might be nice to have a view from the Tambu Lounge now. Is the castle visible from those tables now?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'm liking everything I'm seeing from the Poly these days. I really don't mind the Moana stuff either. Also can we just appreciate the artwork these resorts are getting lately? Lovely stuff.

I winced when I heard that the tree was being removed but it actually looks awesome without it too. Might be nice to have a view from the Tambu Lounge now. Is the castle visible from those tables now?

Not right now, they've got frosted windows on that side in the lounge just like on the monorail bridge windows.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Before anyone freaks out about the Monorail Station at the Poly being painted pink. (As some unscrupulous clickbait sites have taken to) It's concrete bonding agent. Whatever decorative finishes/materials they are going to use they're going to need to adhere to the concrete. This stuff makes that work.

CB-606-5G-500px.png

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Before anyone freaks out about the Monorail Station at the Poly being painted pink. (As some unscrupulous clickbait sites have taken to) It's concrete bonding agent. Whatever decorative finishes/materials they are going to use they're going to need to adhere to the concrete. This stuff makes that work.

CB-606-5G-500px.png
I’m at the Poly now and noticed the pink paint.

“The internet is going to blow up over this,” I said to my husband.

He explained to me exactly what you just posted, @monothingie. 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom