News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

Magic Feather

If the flooring was a darker brown wood shade (and ideally not laminate) and non-mural walls were made a slightly warmer white (bordering on tan) I would have no complaints about these.

Glad to see that it looks like Disney may be bucking the trend of those tiny pull down beds in favor of a fold over couch. While I will miss the cute little graphic, this will be much more supportive and can hold much larger guests.

Chomama

Welp i showed my non Disney fan hubby. Poly is his favorite hotel. (When I say not a fan I mean he likes going but doesn’t read anything about wdw or know what changes there are to prices, food and hotels). He’s bummed. I know people are saying it’s not so bad but I is a massive change for the hotel Aesthetic. Some people may like the change but it is a change for sure. Even the light fixture is moana And the couch looks Plastic. Oh and the curtains. 😬 Moana is in my top 3 Disney films so I am happy to see her around but I think the design team missed on this. Seriously just another nail in the coffin of subtle theming and immersive experiences.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
It’s nice.

But for a family, not so much. If someone’s in the shower and someone else needs to wash their hands. Not ideal to have both sinks by a see through tub / shower panel. Unless there’s a separate sink near the toilet.
Oh yeah, why??

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I like it. Two concerns:
1) The fold down bed/couch thing. I'm not sure it will fold back up nicely after sleeping in it without stripping the bed.
2) No ceiling fan. I know they have been doing away with them with recent renovations because they are difficult to clean, but I just love having a ceiling fan in the room.

Bathroom looks great. Like the flooring. Might bruise my shin on the bench at the end of the bed. Like the overall brighter feel. I also appreciate the mini night stand on the one side of the bed.

jmargarone27

Okay there are legitimate differences of opinion and then there's this. What on Earth are you talking about? This is EASILY the nicest bathroom on property and it beats the Grand Californian and standard rooms at Aulani as well. The only rooms I can think of with better bathrooms are some of the high-end villas.
I just don’t like it. I don’t like the layout, it’s not going to be easy for families/friends to get ready in privacy. There’s no counter space. The colors are boring and look like a Marriott (drastic difference from the loudness of the bedroom). Besides the mirror and tiled wall, I don’t get any feel of the South Pacific/Hawaii. They have those stupid refillable soap dispensers (is this a gym?!) I just think it’s a failure and I would never, ever pay $600+ a night for this room. It’s a failure, and I’m not alone in thinking that way.

jaxonp

yeah, something you'd see at Art of Animation. Would have preferred a bit more subtle Moana is the rooms. Maybe Aulani with Moana borders and art that represented the real Hawaii.

The design language is very current and the materials used are several levels above AoA. Outside the fact that a mural on the wall is tied to Moana these rooms are fantastic. The old rooms were dark and drab. The dark colors hid the dirt and grim buildup. Bravo

TikibirdLand

What is it with (mostly) maskless people and their love of this crap? Is there connective tissue? Should I do a scientific study?
probably a bit over the top, no? They were going for "light and airy" and "Moana". I think they pegged that. Wish it wasn't that loud out. But, hey, it's a new direction. Not for me. Wish I could find one of the lamps and bed-side lighting from the old theme. They were awesome.

jaxonp

I just don’t like it. I don’t like the layout, it’s not going to be easy for families/friends to get ready in privacy. There’s no counter space. The colors are boring and look like a Marriott (drastic difference from the loudness of the bedroom). Besides the mirror and tiled wall, I don’t get any feel of the South Pacific/Hawaii. They have those stupid refillable soap dispensers (is this a gym?!) I just think it’s a failure and I would never, ever pay $600+ a night for this room. It’s a failure, and I’m not alone in thinking that way.

you don’t have to pay 600... plenty of others will.

jaxonp

I truly don't see that. The artwork is Moana, but I think tasteful, not over the top. The wallpaper is patterned, maybe too loud for you, but unless I told people who hadn't seen Moana, they'd never know. The only thing I see "cartoonish" is Hei Hei, but I think it's cute.

As said above, turn off the TV then think if it's over the top Moana... I mean there's one picture of her... I really don't get the over the top with Moana issues...

I was against this when I heard they were infusing the resort with more Ip. That said, this turned out way better than expected. The light colors are refreshing for such a dark place. The murals use of neural tones is a nice subtle way of keeping the Disney spirit alive without going full cartoon like AOA.

jmargarone27

you don’t have to pay 600... plenty of others will.
That’s why I’m glad we have so many options, I’m thrilled for those that like this refurb! I just personally am not a fan. I really hope the Contemporary and GF are more appealing to me...I’m not holding my breath though.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I just don’t like it. I don’t like the layout, it’s not going to be easy for families/friends to get ready in privacy.
To be fair there wasn’t any privacy in the old rooms either, other than going into the bathroom and closing the door. The sink has always been inside the bathroom with the toilet and shower. (Unlike the set-up at your favorite GF.)
The ledge under the bathroom mirror will provide more counter space than previously. And hallelujah ~ towel hooks next to the shower!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom