News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

dreday3

Colors aren’t bad. But it’s over-the-top, hit-you-over-the-head Moana. Or about as subtle as a jackhammer, which is what Disney apparently likes to do these days.

I truly don't see that. The artwork is Moana, but I think tasteful, not over the top. The wallpaper is patterned, maybe too loud for you, but unless I told people who hadn't seen Moana, they'd never know. The only thing I see "cartoonish" is Hei Hei, but I think it's cute.

As said above, turn off the TV then think if it's over the top Moana... I mean there's one picture of her... I really don't get the over the top with Moana issues...

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Colors aren’t bad. But it’s over-the-top, hit-you-over-the-head Moana. Or about as subtle as a jackhammer, which is what Disney apparently likes to do these days.

I’m not sure either. It does look sterile. Basically like any Marriott bathroom, but the old poly
Bathrooms were nothing special either. Disney doesn’t ever hit it out of the park with bathrooms
When half the people are saying it's "in your face characters" and other people are saying it's "generic Marriott," I think they hit the sweet spot.

The flooring is great.
Sadly, many people won't be satisfied unless Disney is installing dark brown pre-mildewed surplus carpet from 1970.

UNCgolf

It's not bad -- could have been a lot worse.

I can see why people are saying it looks sterile/plastic, though. The headboards and the dresser do look plastic in photos. It could be better in person. That wallpaper is a bit over the top, but it's not like they slapped Moana on everything.

I don't think there's an issue with the Moana theming, because it's definitely not over the top. I don't think a random person would even know it was supposed to be connected to a movie if they weren't told beforehand, other than the piece of art I suppose.

I just don't love the overall look, though. Not a room I'd be really happy to stay in and I agree it doesn't really look/feel like a deluxe room (other than the bathroom, which does look nice).

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

I think they're darling. I love the floors, the splashes of color, and the finishes. The wall may be a little bold for some, but anything less would be boring.

[EDITED AFTER FURTHER REFLECTION, TO ADD]: The layout of the room also shows some careful thought. I love that there's now a "bedside table" surface on each side of each bed - each with its own outlets! - so everyone can keep their phone/charger, reading glasses, etc. nearby. (I can't think of any Disney accommodation we've ever stayed in that had that.) The curvature of the table next to the daybed not only evokes the shape of a wave, but bridges the media stand and daybed in such a way as to prevent anyone from bumping their shin on a sharp table corner in the middle of the night - not to mention, it looks like there's a huge shelf underneath that table for extra storage. Swapping the desk that was in the former room for a comfy chair and table is also a welcome change for non-business travelers.

I also see reading lights on each end of each headboard, ample open space to store the daybed cushions, luggage, shoes, etc. under both beds, and plenty of space for toiletries in the bathroom under the sinks, and a deep shelf inside the shower. It's not just a cute room, but looks like a very "livable" one. I know the clear shower door might be an issue for some, although in my family, nobody knows the meaning of the word "privacy," so it wouldn't give us pause. ;) Of all the refurbed WDW rooms I've seen in recent years, this is one of my favorites by far.

Last edited:

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Really? I know it’s a lot of Maui’s tats but if you’d never seen the movie you’d never know you were missing something; it’s perfectly well Polynesian themed IMO. This is one of the best things Disney has done with a resort in recent memory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom