News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Love love love it. Absolutely love it.

Aulani rooms now look more themed than these. They are very generic looking inside. I think Disney has forgotten about the front-to-back experience. This room looks like it belongs in one of the new Universal Studios hotels.
Uh Aulani rooms have always been more themed than the Poly. Aulani is the Poly but plussed in every way.

TikibirdLand

I’m sad to see the dark wood and subtle accents go. This looks like a value result. Hope it is better in person. Will be there in October and less excited. Please please let
The main building be better
yeah, something you'd see at Art of Animation. Would have preferred a bit more subtle Moana is the rooms. Maybe Aulani with Moana borders and art that represented the real Hawaii.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Just to be clear, these are the new "regular" rooms at the Poly, right? It's not a separate booking category like the Royal Rooms at PORS or Pirate rooms at CBR?

jmargarone27

I think they’re an overall failure. Hate the wallpaper on the TV wall, the bathrooms look like a moderate resort quality now, and I’m really not a fan of putting wood/tile floor throughout the whole room. I know it’s more hygienic, but it makes the room cold and it’s much louder than carpet. It’s a shame that Disney is shoving characters down our throat now at the resorts, I always felt the resorts should be an escape from the madness of the parks with tasteful Disney touches. I’ll stick with the Grand Floridian, it has its faults but it’s the most deluxe and tasteful of them all. Never was fan of the Polynesian and now I’m definitely still not a fan.

Notes from Neverland

I'm on the fence here. On one hand I feel that Disney's resorts are starting to look and feel very similar. On the other, I don't want to see too much IP injection where an original idea can stand on its own. I think the only thing that really feels out of place to me is Hei Hei.

Chomama

I think they’re an overall failure. Hate the wallpaper on the TV wall, the bathrooms look like a moderate resort quality now, and I’m really not a fan of putting wood/tile floor throughout the whole room. I know it’s more hygienic, but it makes the room cold and it’s much louder than carpet. It’s a shame that Disney is shoving characters down our throat now at the resorts, I always felt the resorts should be an escape from the madness of the parks with tasteful Disney touches. I’ll stick with the Grand Floridian, it has its faults but it’s the most deluxe and tasteful of them all. Never was fan of the Polynesian and now I’m definitely still not a fan.
Exactly. We will be changing back to GF, boardwalk and wilderness

DaGoof00

I don't hate it. I like that it feels much more bright than it used to. The bathroom is lovely. The wall paper could be toned down a bit though...

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
...the bathrooms look like a moderate resort quality now...
Okay there are legitimate differences of opinion and then there's this. What on Earth are you talking about? This is EASILY the nicest bathroom on property and it beats the Grand Californian and standard rooms at Aulani as well. The only rooms I can think of with better bathrooms are some of the high-end villas.

Chomama

Okay there are legitimate differences of opinion and then there's this. What on Earth are you talking about?
I’m not sure either. It does look sterile. Basically like any Marriott bathroom, but the old poly
Bathrooms were nothing special either. Disney doesn’t ever hit it out of the park with bathrooms

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom