News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

wdwfan22

Or maybe the rep wasn't being shown the other options? If you want someone to sound sincere and not have them second guess themselves you would set up the system to do the steering and not give too many choices.

The phone reps do not go out of there way to help you unless you steer them. Perfect example this past Saturday night I wanted to extend my stay at the Yacht Club. The phone rep told me $620.00 was the best they could do. Booked online and it was $342.00. The front desk person even told me not to call reservations as they would charge the highest possible rate.

MrHappy

The article says "Although the main hotel will remain unavailable for stays until the Summer of 2021, the villas and bungalows will remain open as normal. " I would take that to mean don't count on it before late June or July.
I think the rooms are on a separate timeline. I have no inside info. The GCH work begins next week and it’s paint and textiles. The monorail platform seems significant but once they are done it should open regardless of the cash room timing.

I think the rooms are on a separate timeline. I have no inside info. The GCH work begins next week and it’s paint and textiles. The monorail platform seems significant but once they are done it should open regardless of the cash room timing.
It would be wonderful if it was open again by Dec 1. Crossing finger and toes.

MrHappy

According to the Disney site, campfires and hula lessons are suspended. Does anyone know if the torch lighting ceremony is currently still on? Maybe @Tuvalu would know best?

fngoofy

A lot of the torches were on during the daylight hours. 🤷🏻‍♀️ There wasn’t a torch lighting ceremony from what I could tell during my 8 night stay.
I believe the lighting ceremony is performed by Luau performers. So if it isn't running, the ceremony won't be either.
They only light the entrance torches that way, the torches all have auto ignite on them.

fngoofy

I'm glad I'm not the only one that had it in my mind that the lobby was always Grand Ceremonial House not Great Ceremonial House.
Yeah, what's up with that? I just started noticing about a week ago the references to the "Great" and I was like... "isn't it Grand".
Did it change or is this the Mandela effect... Like everyone thinking the Tomorrowland Palm Trees used to fold up, when they never have.

nicb88

Yeah, what's up with that? I just started noticing about a week ago the references to the "Great" and I was like... "isn't it Grand".
Did it change or is this the Mandela effect... Like everyone thinking the Tomorrowland Palm Trees used to fold up, when they never have.

It has definitely always been the Great Ceremonial House :)

Is anyone aware of exactly what another site means when they say that cross beams are being removed from the GCH?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom