News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Is there room to expand Trader Sam's?

I've also thought the restaurant waiting area space is somewhat wasted and huge with great views out toward the pool and lagoon. With reservations becoming decentralized with mobile check-in, they could maybe slide Tambu lounge over a bit into current waiting area as either an expansion or move (to open more space for 'Ohana). People waiting for dinner reservations can then be pushed into the lounge or shops or main lobby. Drawback is space when it rains and GCH is a cluster.

Can you tell I think they need to make it easier to buy overpriced drinks? ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Not really...unfortunately.

They shorted that...bad planning.

But all hail captain cooks and the blessed dining plan 🙄

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney had some very generous offers in the 00's.
Ahhhh...

(Sean Connery Voice). “Then the game is on...”

Well...that was the horrid, insufferable, evil, do no good Michael Eisner era...if you recall?

This is the slick, polished; genius, nothing but good intentions Robert Disney Iger era.

One developed a moderate cost timeshare program and pushed annual passes and core clientele

The other declared war on those very things.

You want to tell me your thoughts on discounts when the Fed has pumped $7,500,000,000,000 of “liquidity” into the market (1/3 of GDP...since late last year) and the stocks are “more valuable”?

Wall Street has yet again cut the voice out of the consumers at WDW...it’s what they do.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"A Disney World spokeswoman on Monday said changes to the rooms will include a move to a Pacific Ocean-inspired color palette as well as details, patterns and textures from Disney’s “Moana,” an animated film that takes place on the Polynesian island of Motunui."

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
"A Disney World spokeswoman on Monday said changes to the rooms will include a move to a Pacific Ocean-inspired color palette as well as details, patterns and textures from Disney’s “Moana,” an animated film that takes place on the Polynesian island of Motunui."

Brace.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

...I’ll go...

Marriott with IP.

“Fire at will, Commander”

1598886808063.jpeg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Well it had to be didn't it.

dothebrdwalk

I don't get this forum. They add a relevant IP to a resort that fits the theme, and people hate it. They add an irrelevant IP to somewhere that doesn't fit the theme as much, and people hate it. WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT? Disney owns some of the most profitable IP in the world, and you think they're not going to use it where they can??

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't get this forum. They add a relevant IP to a resort that fits the theme, and people hate it. They add an irrelevant IP to somewhere that doesn't fit the theme as much, and people hate it. WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT? Disney owns some of the most profitable IP in the world, and you think they're not going to use it where they can??
I can answer this one for you - it is simple. A large number of fans like unique designs and backstory, and would rather not see IP anywhere, and specifically not replacing something that was previously non-IP.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Many people...not all...don’t want characters slapped on everything.

A view shared by the first 4 iterations of Disney management. It’s a personal choice.

But what they seem to do...is “detheme” the rooms and then slap some characters on.

The result is not very interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom