Refurbished Tower of Terror

Djsfantasi

Original Poster
There were many announcements made while in queue that progress may be slow due to work being done. Half the elevators were out of service.

After the ride, I was amazed! It seemed more intense than I remembered. Talking to a cast member, he let me in on what was happening.

Disney has been replacing the drive motors with new ones. Much, much, more powerful. The rides have been reprogrammed to take advantage of the additional power. A great ride is now an incredible ride.

Enjoy!

I am Timmy

Thanks for the update! Any idea when all the elevators will be running at the same time? Going to need them all pretty soon.

trainplane3

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
There were many announcements made while in queue that progress may be slow due to work being done. Half the elevators were out of service.

After the ride, I was amazed! It seemed more intense than I remembered. Talking to a cast member, he let me in on what was happening.

Disney has been replacing the drive motors with new ones. Much, much, more powerful. The rides have been reprogrammed to take advantage of the additional power. A great ride is now an incredible ride.

Enjoy!

How was the show quality, in your opinion?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
MORE POWER!!!
giphy.gif

Rodj

IMHO, it was much better than my last visit in January. Back then, I could notice things that I shouldn’t. Light leaks for one. Another improvement was loading into the shaft was imperceptible. January, I could tell when that occurred.
What about the speakers in the drop shaft VVC, did they get them fixed?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I heard sound in the shaft... clear and appropriately loud. So my guess is they aren’t broke.
If I recall there’s three sets of soundtracks in the drop shaft; speakers in the VVC, in the top of the shaft and in the pit at the base of the shaft. Not all have been working correctly for a while.

Rodj

If I recall there’s three sets of soundtracks in the drop shaft; speakers in the VVC, in the top of the shaft and in the pit at the base of the shaft. Not all have been working correctly for a while.
I think there are also speakers on the sign, in many videos I watched, some sounds sounded like they came from in front where the sign is, and also when you were outside in the queue you could hear the speakers from the sign on Foxtrot (when it was still loud).

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think there are also speakers on the sign, in many videos I watched, some sounds sounded like they came from in front where the sign is, and also when you were outside in the queue you could hear the speakers from the sign on Foxtrot (when it was still loud).
I believe they’re the top of drop shaft speakers you can hear from ground level.

The sign had speakers for the spark effect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom